About 3 months ago, we featured Kaspersky Anti-Virus v22.214.171.1244 and Kaspersky Internet Security v126.96.36.1994 on FILEnetworks Blog. Just recently Kaspersky have released a new build (188.8.131.526) of the security suite with several enhancements to detection technology and a number of other bugfixes. As always, upgrading to the latest version is recommended. I’ve been using this app for the last 3 months (after parting ways with ESET’s NOD32) and so far it hasn’t let me down. Kaspersky has killed every single piece of malware that has come my way. If you have noticed, some security products such as AVG have a lot of false positives specially when it comes to clean key generators and cracks. I’ve experienced a lot less number of false positives with Kaspersky.
Anyway if you have noticed, the title of this post says KIS 2009 v184.108.40.2066 + Goodies. In addition to the KIS 2009 installer, it has some nice tools such as KeyViewer, KeyFinder and also a list of sites where you can find keys for Kaspersky products. If you have a machine that does not have an internet connection and rely on offline updates, you’d have to stick with v7.0 (To know where to get offline updates for other Anti Virus software, read this article). Version 2009 (8.0) of Kaspersky security apps do not support offline updating (yet).
Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 – the all-in-one security solution that offers a worry-free computing environment for you and your family. Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 has everything you need for a safe and secure Internet experience.
- Protects from all types of malware and spyware
- Scans files, email messages and Internet traffic
- Protects instant messengers (ICQ, MSN)
- Updates automatically
- Two-way personal firewall
- Safe Wi-Fi and VPN connections. New!
- Intrusion prevention system
- Intelligent application management and control. New!
- Proactive protection from unknown threats
- Scans OS and applications for vulnerabilities. New!
- Disables links to malware sites. New!
Identity Theft Protection
- Disables links to phishing websites
- Virtual keyboard for safe entry of logins and passwords. New!
- Prevents theft of data via secure connections (HTTPS / SSL). New!
- Blocks unauthorized dial-up connections
- Parental control
- Antispam protection