Latest version of FFDShow video decoder is now online. FFDShow is a hugely popular video codec (encoder/decoder) which supports multiple video file formats. FFDShow supports high speed decoding of files encoded using DivX, Xvid, FFmpeg MPEG-4 (MPEG-4 ASP) ,H.264 AVC and a number of other formats. If you download movies or TV Shows via BitTorrent, FFDShow video decoder will easily play those for you as it supports XViD (which is what the scene and major p2p groups use for video compression). FFDShow is also an extremely good (I would even say superior) alternative to DivX pro codec which we featured yesterday.
Note: Some games such as Fallout 3 and Oblivion are known to have problems with FFDShow codec. You can easily rectify these problems by adding the problematic exe to FFDShow’s exceptions list. Click here for a step by step guide on how to do this.
ffdshow is a set of DirectShow filters and VFW codec for video compression, decompression and processing and audio compression and processing. You can play almost any movie using ffdshow.
FFDShow uses libavcodec from ffmpeg project or for video decompression (it can use xvid.dll installed with xvid codec too), postprocessing code from mplayer to enhance visual quality of low bitrate movies, and is based on original DirectShow filter from XviD, which is GPL'ed educational implementation of MPEG4 encoder.
- fast video decompression using optimized MMX, SSE and 3DNow! code
- support for different codecs: XviD, all DivX versions, MS WMV, MPEG-1 and - MPEG-2
- image postprocessing for higher playback quality
- automatic quality control: automatically reduces postprocessing level when CPU load is high
- hue, saturation and luminance correction
- experimental sharpening filter
- noising (of course if you want it)
- completely free software: ffdshow is distributed under GPL
- support for various subtitle formats
FFDShow Video Decoder is free software.
[Click Here] to download FFDShow MPEG-4 Video Decoder 20081104 Rev2293 from Softpedia.