Earlier today we reported about the release/leak of Sacred 2 : Fallen Angel. Apparently the initial version of the game is plagued with bugs, glitches and performance issues. Problems with Sacred 2 range from slow frame rates, random crashes to desktop (CTD) to game play issues such as players not being able to level up properly. Luckily for those who purchased the game, developer Ascaron have been busy releasing patches for the game. So far there have been several patches and hotfixes released for the game (I.E.- 2.10, 2.12, etc with 2.0.2 being the version of game’s initial release).
Here is a list of issues all these patches address and at the end of article you can find direct download links to these patches. Only the major issues addressed will be listed here (otherwise it would be one long ass list).
Patch to update version 2.0.2 to 2.10
- Improved game balance and enemy AI
- Massive quest overhaul (quest book more clrearly arranged, new/improved texts, alternate endings)
- Better armor, weapons and drop
- Integrated automated update functionality
- New button in lobby to recover passwords via a web site.
- Several performance improvements, mainly in the main menu
- More Sound effects
Hotfix to update version 2.10 to 2.10.1
- Adjustment to address game creation process for Open.Net
Hotfix to update version 2.10.1 to 2.11.2
- Crashes will not occur on death of Shadow Warrior/High Elf characters
- Singleplayer coop is not treated as a single player game
- Chat functionality is no longer faulty or non-existent
- Scorpion King (desert boss enemy) no longer kills players instantly
- The game no longer has to be executed as administrator under Vista
Hotfix to update version 2.11.2 to 2.12.0
- Some players suffered lags while clicking on NPC’s and objects since hotfix 2. This has been fixed.
- Mounts sometimes lost XP after exit/load. This has been fixed.
- An occasional problem with sounds on the 5.1-subwoofer-channel has been fixed.
- Some cases, in which quests that require a certain amount of collected items didn’t grant enough items have been improved.
- The function of [f12] has been improved. [f12] now teleports the character to the resurrection point. This works for both singleplayer and multiplayer.
You can download all of the patches displayed above from the official Sacred 2 updates site.
[Click Here] to download update patches for the Sacred 2 UK (International) version.
[Click Here] to download update patches for the Sacred 2 for non English versions of Sacred 2. (Choose your language at the bottom of the page)
If you are using pirated version of the game, these patches will not work. Those who use a DRM cracked version of Sacred 2 will have to wait till a cracked update is released by a scene group or an individual.