The recently released Fallout 3 is without a doubt one of the best games of 2008. The huge gameworld and the large number of side quests will ensure hours and hours of gameplay. But hard core fallout 3 (FO3) fans would like to spice up the game by installing various mods (modifications) developed for the game. There are already a lot of mods available for Fallout 3. These range from mods that add new enemies, new weapons new high resolution textures, new quests to mods that alter simple game settings such as removal of the level up cap at level 20.
Given below are 5 sites from which you can download some of the best Fallout 3 mods currently developed – for free of course.
1. Fileplanet Fallout 3 Addon Pack 1.0
Fallout 3 Addon pack 1.0 is a collection of Fallout 3 mods available for download from FilePlanet (447MB). List of mods included in this pack:
- Mod removing Level Cap at 20 and Skill cap at 100.
- EXP and level up reducing mods.
Pip3000 UI mods and different colored skin models.
- Weapons and character stat balancing mods.
- Exciting Power Armor skins.
- Cool characters like Chuck Norris and Doomsday Wasteland Queen.
- New weapons and weapon reskins.
- Hi-Res monster re-skins.
- Different uniforms and outfits.
- New game music
[Click Here] to visit download page.
2. No Mutants Allowed Fallout 3 Mods Metathread
No Mutants Allowed is one of the best Fallout 3 forums around. Their Fallout 3 Mods Metathread indexes more than 25 completed FO3 mods available for download as well as several that are under development.
[Click Here] to visit No Mutants Allowed Fallout 3 Mods Metathread
3. Fallout 3 Nexus Download Section
With lots of Fallout 3 saved games (savegame files), new weapons, new textures, new items to some of the best FO3 mods around, the downloads section at Fallout 3 Nexus is a godsend for hard core Fallout 3 fans.
[Click Here] to visit the Fallout 3 Nexus downloads page
4. Mods and Hacks section of Fallout 3 Zone
Indexes some of the very first mods developed for Fallout 3. Notable mods include:
- Remove compass POI markers by Silverglade
- Realistic Gunshot Sounds by Honnou
- Remove NPCs from Compass by ckinniburgh
- Remove NPCs and Waypoints from Compass by ckinniburgh
- Remove Waypoints from Compass by ckinniburgh
5. Fallout 3 Mods section at Planet Fallout
At time of this post there are only 3 completed mods available at the mods section of Planet Fallout. But keep checking this site as there will surely be a lot more added in the future.
[Click Here] to visit Fallout 3 mods section at Planet Fallout.
- Possible solution for Fallout 3 crashing to desktop at start screen
- Pirates crack Fallout 3 (English) DRM
- Clone DVD of Fallout 3 leaked before official release