Net Transport is a download manager. It’s not just any download manager but one with capability to download and save media streamed over pop protocols. It supports a range of streaming protocols including MMS (commonly used by Windows Media formats streaming) , RTSP (Realmedia streaming) and RTMP (Flash media streaming). Normally, you cannot save streaming media (audio/video) to your hard drive – you watch it and forget it. However, with Net Transport you can actually save most streaming media types including Windows Media, RealMedia and Flash content to your hard drive and watch/listen to them offline whenever you please. Streaming media is not all this software can download - Good old HTTP and FTP file downloading is also supported. Check it out.
HTTP / HTTPS
FTP / over SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) / over SSH (Secure Shell)
MMS (Microsoft Media Services)
RTSP (Real-Time Streaming Protocol)
RTMP (Real Time Messaging Protocol)
Supported File Formats
Windows Media Services
Flash Media Server
Darwin Streaming Server
- The flexible "Scheduler Manager" is also most powerful item in NetXfer. Even you can record the dynamic URL according to time and save it as your desire filename.
- You can use the inbuilt "URL Sniffer" to catch the real URLs for streaming, Flash, etc.
- You can use the simple but powerful "File Manager" to categorize and manage downloaded files more efficiently.
- You can use the inbuilt "Site Explorer" to list the directory structure of the remote server, and easily select the desired files. FTP is the most powerful item in NetXfer.
- FTP reuse mechanism allows you to use one connection to get different files from the same site.
- The "Multiple Proxies mode" allows you to assign every working thread a different proxy to break certain site restrictions, like only one connection per IP.
- You can adjust the bandwidth usage of Net Transport to ensure surf at the same time.
- Monitor browser click. And you can add links through Internet Explorer extended context menu, or drag links to the "drop zone" window, etc.
- Net Transport can automatically shutdown the system or hang up the modem once all downloads are completed.
- You can use multi-threads for all streaming protocols to significantly reduce the time of downloads.
- Automatically parse streaming script such as .asx, .smi to acquire real URLs.
- From version 2 on, you can record the clip with range.
- The disk cache buffer can prolong your hard disk life.