TMPGEnc is an MPEG video encoder that supports encoding of multiple formats including (but not limited to) DivX, AVI, QuickTime, MPEG 4-ISO, H.264, DVD-Video, DVD-VR, HDV camcorder, Blu-ray Disc and more. TMPGEnc also incorporates some basic video editing features such as video cutting, filtering, etc. TMPGEnc XPress is an enhanced spin off from TMPGEnc which features an improved user interface and even novice users should have no problems handling this version. Latest version of TMPGEnc (featured in this post) comes complete with nVIDIA CUDA 2.0 support. Check it out.
P.S. – If you have any previous versions installed, please uninstall them before installing the new version to avoid conflicts.
- Convert Almost Any Video File! - TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress excels at converting video from one format to another. Got a Media Center recording that you'd like to convert to DivX? Or maybe you have a DivX file you'd like to convert to DVD-compliant MPEG? TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress can do it all, and you'll have complete control over the output settings. You can even make your own custom output settings!
- Edit Your Video - TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress includes plenty of tools to enhance your video. Use the cut-editor to cut out unwanted scenes. Add filters to correct color, crop the picture, resize, sharpen, deinterlace, reduce noise, and more!
- NVIDIA CUDA Support! - If you have a NVIDIA CUDA™ compatible graphics card, you can unleash the power of the GPU's multiple cores to crush the processing time for decoding and applying video filters! (Speed increases are dependent on your hardware environment and are not guaranteed.)
- Convert Your AVCHD Footage! - The popular AVCHD video format is now officially supported as an input source! Easily take your AVCHD footage and convert it to other video formats such as DVD-Video!
- Blu-ray Disc Encoding! - We've added a new output template for the Blu-ray Disc format! Convert your video into BDMV or BDAV compliant MPEG-2 video and maintain the quality of your high definition footage!
TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress Version 184.108.40.2066 changelog - October 29, 2008
- Added - NVIDIA CUDA 2.0 support. Can be used with filters and the MPEG-1/2 decoder. CUDA-capable graphics card required. For more information on CUDA, CUDA supported video cards, and downloading the latest drivers, please see NVIDIA's website.
- Fixed - For AVI codec output quality, keyframe interval and bitrate would not function properly.
- Fixed - Deadlock could occur when using the VFAPI file reader.
- Fixed - Green blocknoise could sometimes appear when importing a MPEG-2 PS file through the MPEG file reader.
- Fixed - Some MPEG file aspect ratios could not be properly determined.
- Fixed - Imported AAC audio would be delayed by several milliseconds.
- Fixed - MPEG-2 TS file importation would fail when the stream header contains garbled data.
- Fixed - An error would occur during the output when joining several clips with different YUV colorspace.
- Fixed - The MPEG tool would output a LPCM file with a *.tlp extension when demultiplexing.Fixed - Other minor issues have been fixed.
Read comments for more information.