If you’ve been reading FILEnetworks Blog recently, you might remember that we posted about leaked Clone DVDs (Full DVD Images) of games such as Dead Space, NFS : Undercover, Fallout 3 and Red Alert 3. In some CloneDVD releases, it’s actually possible to play the game using a CloneDVD by mounting the image and emulating the copy protection built into the game (This eliminated the need for a crack). Alcohol120% is one such app which can emulate several popular copy protection mechanisms and combined with tools such as Y.A.S.U, it’s one of the software available for mounting Clones and backup images (Similar to Daemon Tools Pro). However, mounting clones is not all Alcohol 120% can do. It can also create disc images and burn created images to physical disks as well. Notable features in the latest build (220.127.116.1117) are ACID wizard and latest SPTD driver.
Alcohol 120% is CD/DVD emulation and recording software that allows users to copy discs. Store your most used or important CDs as images on your computer and run them at 200x speed from up to 31 virtual CD or DVD drives. Alcohol is compatible with more than 99% of drives available. It supports the latest image file types including - MDS, CCD, BIN, CUE, ISO, CDI, BWT, BWI, BWS, BWA and many more.
Changes in version 18.104.22.16817, 2008-11-23:
- NEW A.C.I.D Wizard "Alcohol Cloaking Initiative for DRM"
- NEW Add Context Menu in explorer for burning image file
- NEW Improved Dumping/Burning engine more stability and speed
- NEW Latest SPTD layer version
- FIX Problem with some Drives Not showing correct manufacture ID of blank discs.
- FIX The incorrect 'Processor Info' display on some Operating systems, especially for Core 2 Dual new processors
- FIX addressed some blacklisting problems
- FIX Bugs reported by some users
- UPDATE Some language files
- UPDATE Devsupp additional support for more drives