Trojan remover is an application which can help you get rid of Trojan horse programs and Internet Worms that are hard to detect and difficult to remove. Apart from Trojans and worms, this software also has the ability to remove any rootkits present on the system. Version 6.7.5 of Trojan Remover is now available for download. This version features improved heuristics scanning over the previous build (v6.7.4).
This software was also discussed in our previous article located here.
Trojan Remover aids in the removal of Malware - Trojan Horses, Worms, Adware, Spyware - when standard anti-virus software ither fails to detect them or fails to effectively eliminate them. Standard antivirus programs are good at detecting this Malware, but not always good at effectively removing it.
- You can scan the whole drive, or any directories on the drive, by selecting Scan a Drive/Directory from the main Trojan Remover menu.
- You can scan individual files and directories from within Windows Explorer. (right click>scan)
- Trojan Remover incorporates an integral Updater allowing for quick and easy Database updates. You can use the Windows Task
- Scheduler to schedule automatic updates.
Changelog (Version 6.7.5 build 2558)
- Improved heuristic detection routines.
- Added new heuristic rootkit agent detection routine.
- Improved removal techniques for TDSS rootkit.
- Improved heuristic detection for Trojan.VirtuMonde.
- Added routine to reset Windows Update Service when it has been disabled by Trojan.VirtuMonde.
- Added routine to remove older Trojan Remover Uninstall entries.
Read comments for more information.