nVIDIA’s PhysX System Software enables PhysX acceleration in all Geforce 8, 9 and GTX 200 series video cards. Version 9.0.0010 of this has just been released by nVIDIA and it supposedly fixes several crashing issues when running some games (including Mirror’s Edge) with PhysX acceleration enabled.
First of all you need to have an nVIDIA PhysX compatible video card to use this software (any Geforce 8, 9 and 200 series card will do). Also, you cannot directly install v9.09.0010 if you don’t already have an older version of PhysX installed. If this is the case, just install the latest ForceWare drivers with PhysX on your system and then install this version separately.
Here are the full release notes for PhysX System Software 9.09.0010:
- Supports NVIDIA PhysX acceleration on all GeForce 8-series, 9-series and 200-series GPUs with a minimum of 256MB dedicated graphics memory.
- Experience GPU PhysX acceleration in many games and demos, some of which are highlighted in PowerPack downloads on www.geforce.com.
- Resolves PhysX SDK runtime issues with multi-GPU configurations in Hybrid environments.
- Improves performance of some PhysX enabled games on GeForce GTX 285 and GTX 295 products.
- Resolves occasional system crashes when PhysX is enabled on some systems when running on EA’s Mirrors Edge.
- Runtime upgrade ONLY for AGEIA PhysX processors users. (New installations should install older PhysX system software such as version 8.09.04 – prior to installing this update).
- Includes the latest PhysX runtimes used in the latest game titles.
- Supports NVIDIA PhysX acceleration on GeForce via CUDA 2.0 for SDK versions 2.7.3, 2.7.2, 2.7.5, 2.8.0 and 2.8.1 (requires graphics driver v177.81 or later).
- Includes all the latest PhysX SDK Runtimes.
- Supports latest combines PhysX and SLI control panel featured in the latest GeForce drivers.
- GeForce 200-series, 9-series, and 8-series GPUs
AGEIA PhysX Processors (All)
You can download the release directly from nVIDIA.
[Click Here] to download PhysX System Software 9.09.0010 for Windows XP, Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit)