Updated builds of two of the most popular BitTorrent clients were released a short while ago; Vuze 126.96.36.199 and uTorrent 1.8.2 build 14153. It’s very important to be up to date on BT client releases if you are using private torrent trackers. Some trackers ban older versions as new client builds are released. Some however do not allow the newest build immediately. Please make sure to check the tracker’s ‘allowed clients list’ (usually found on FAQ or forum) before you upgrade your Bittorrent client.
Vuze is a Java based BitTorrent client that offers multiple torrent downloads, queuing/priority systems (on torrents and files), start/stop seeding options and instant access to numerous pieces of information about your torrents. It also features an embedded tracker that is easily set up and ready to use. Version 188.8.131.52 includes several new features, bugfixes and enhancements.
Vuze changelog 184.108.40.206 (new features)
- Core | New FP Ignore rule: Ignore 1st Priority after X hours of idle upload speed (default 24h)
- Core | Support for loading torrents when the HTTP response is an error (like 404, 500) but the data is still a torrent
- UIvz | Support multiple Content Networks
- UI | Experimental neuronal speed algorithmFEATURE: UI | Added AS/ASN peer column
- UI | Added properties view to buddies avatar widget
- UI | Control+I in library to open torrent info (torrent details) page
- Plug | Share categories with friends as subscriptions
- Plug | Support table column removal
- Plug | Added getComputerName method
- Plug | Cache connected friend details for faster reconnect on startup
For full changelog please visit this page.
[Click Here] to download Vuze 220.127.116.11 for Windows from SourceForge
[Click Here] to download Vuze 18.104.22.168 for Linux and Mac OS X releases
µTorrent 1.8.2 build 14153 Final/Stable
µTorrent is an efficient and feature rich BitTorrent client for Windows sporting a very small footprint. It was designed to use as little cpu, memory and space as possible while offering all the functionality expected from advanced clients. Most of the features present in other BitTorrent clients are present in µTorrent, including bandwidth prioritization, scheduling, RSS auto-downloading and Mainline DHT (compatible with BitComet). Additionally, µTorrent supports the Protocol Encryption joint specification (compatible with Azureus 22.214.171.124 and above, BitComet 0.63 and above) and peer exchange. µTorrent was written with efficiency in mind. Unlike many torrent clients, it does not hog valuable system resources - typically using less than 6MB of memory, allowing you to use the computer as if it weren't there at all. Additionally, the program itself is contained within a single executable less than 270 KB in size.
Changelog (version 1.8.2 build 14153)
- Feature: allow btsearch bundling
- Change: add bt.transp_disposition value (3) for uTP-only
- Change: allow 16kB piece sizes
- Fix: PEX address parsing bug
[Click Here] to download uTorrent 1.8.2 build 14153 for Windows from official server
[Click Here] to download uTorrent 0.9.0.4 Beta for Mac OS X