A demo of the highly anticipated F.E.A.R (First Encounter Assault Recon) sequel has just been released. F.E.A.R. 2 : Project Origin promises better graphics, better enemy AI, new gameplay mechanics and will continue the story of Alma, the little girl with supernatural powers that scared the shit out of most gamers back in 2005. I’m very much looking forward to play this game as the first F.E.A.R. was without a doubt one of my all time favorite PC titles.
The full version of F.E.A.R. 2 : Project Origin is due to be released on the 10th of February 2009. Keep reading FILEnetworks Blog as we will keep you updated when or if the full game gets leaked or cracked.
Intense close-quarters action and paranormal suspense combine in the sequel to the 2005 smash hit, F.E.A.R. Incredibly smart enemies and over-the-top FX bombard players as they race to save what’s left of the city of Auburn from Alma’s ghostly rage.
Story: Beginning shortly before the ending of F.E.A.R., a Special Forces squad is on a routine mission when the city of Auburn is rocked by a supernatural explosion. Alma, a girl with immense power and a thirst for revenge, has unleashed her wrath upon the city and thrown it into chaos. The squad must combat enemy forces and the supernatural as they struggle to find a way to stop Alma and uncover the mysterious forces arrayed against them before it’s too late.
- Strategic environmental combat opportunities available to both you and your enemies
- Slow time using your character’s enhanced reflexes
- In your face close-quarter action in a variety of indoor and outdoor environments
- Battle all-new enemies that employ advanced combat tactics
- Test your nerves and face your FEARS as you battle new characters and unravel a terrifying mystery
- Utilize the world interaction enhancements to create instant cover or remove obstacles
- Play with and against friends in multiplayer competition
- Enhanced graphics engine takes action horror to new heights through enhanced visuals and effects
- Enemies behave realistically and use the environment against you through vastly enhanced enemy Artificial Intelligence
- Maintains the authenticity of the Alma storyline and players will know this is the only place to continue the saga
Minimum System Requirements
- Windows XP (SP2) / Vista (SP1)
- PIV 2,8 GHz (3.2 GHz for Vista) / Athlon 64 3000+ (3200+ for Vista)
- 1 GB RAM (1.5 GB for Vista)
- DirectX 9 compliant video card with Shader Model 2.0b support (GeForce 6800 / Radeon X700 or above) and at least 256MB video memory
There are several locations where you can download the Demo from. However some of these servers have enabled wait times/download slots due to high demand. Given below are several services that offer direct download links to the Demo – if you experience slow download speeds, try a different server. I’m currently downloading from GamersHell and it’s pretty fast (EDIT: Downloaded, installed and played it. Looks great and scary as hell. Will definitely be checking out the full version when it comes out.) File size is around 1.76GB
[Click Here] to download from GamersHell
[Click Here] to download from jeuxvideo
[Click Here] to download from FilePlanet
[Click Here] to download from Computergames.ro
[Click Here] to download from games.on.net
[Click Here] to download from Softpedia
Update: Torrent download links added
[Click Here] to get the .torrent file and download F.E.A.R. 2 : Project Origin via BitTorrent