Here we go again folks yet another TL invite giveaway! Just like the previous giveaway, this too is based on you signing up for a free Travian Games account. There is no need to provide any ratio proofs, Speedtest results or anything else other than registering and verifying your account on Traviangames using the given registration link. For detailed instructions on how to join the invites channel and what to do once your are in the channel, read on.
How to get into #invites IRC Channel
- Download and install mIRC from here.
- Restart your web browser if it was open during mIRC installation.
- Click on irc://irc.torrentleech.org:7011/invites to join the channel.
- If mIRC presents you with a ‘Link Request’ window, choose ‘Change to the new server and join the channel’ option or ‘open a new connection’ option. Press ok.
What to do once on the invites IRC Channel?
It’s pretty much explained in detail on the channel topic. But since some people were having problems in the last giveaway, here is a brief tutorial. However it is strongly recommended that you read the current channel topic for the most current information.
- Go to http://tracking.traviangames.com/102611084601728/1
- Register for a Travian account using a valid email address. Verify your registration by clicking the link on confirmation email.
- Back on the #invites IRC channel, send a private message (PM) to username mentioned in channel topic with your Travian username and the E-mail address you used in step 2 above. Sending a PM using mIRC can be done by double clicking on the user’s name from the list on the right panel.
While trying to connect to the IRC channel, you may run into error messages or other issues. Read the possible solutions mentioned below to get around them.
If you get Server ERROR: :Closing Link: [IP] Z:Lined (You look like a bot. Be sure to fill in your nick/ident/realname properly.) while trying to connect using mIRC:
- Fill in you mIRC Full name, Email Address, Nickname, and Alternative Nickname using believable values - do not use nicks such as Guest23781. (To change these values go to mIRC Tool Menu->Options and Choose ‘Connect’ from right panel).
- Save the values and reboot your computer. Try reconnecting the channel now.
If you get the message #invites unable to join channel (invite only)
It seems that TL staff closes the #invites channel temporarily till the current invites request queue is cleared. Once users obtain invite and leave the channel, it re-opens. Keep trying in regular intervals – if the giveaway has not concluded (it’ll be on till 20:00GMT, 27/1/2009), you’ll eventually be able to get in.