Here is another update for Trojan Remover, an extremely popular malware detection/removal app. As the name suggests people who are having trouble with Trojan and malware infections should give this a go. I recommend running this app (and Superantispyware too) even after your standard Anti-Virus app claims to have cleaned a virus infection as sometimes it may not remove all the components such as registry keys. The latest version of Trojan Remover incorporates a new heuristics detection method for modified rootkits, enhancements for the removal techniques along with several other updates.
Trojan Remover aids in the removal of Malware - Trojan Horses, Worms, Adware, Spyware - when standard anti-virus software ither fails to detect them or fails to effectively eliminate them. Standard antivirus programs are good at detecting this Malware, but not always good at effectively removing it.
- You can scan the whole drive, or any directories on the drive, by selecting Scan a Drive/Directory from the main Trojan Remover menu.
- ou can scan individual files and directories from within Windows Explorer. (right click>scan)
- rojan Remover incorporates an integral Updater allowing for quick and easy Database updates. You can use the Windows Task
- Scheduler to schedule automatic updates.
- Added new heuristic detection routine for modified rootkits.
- Improved removal techniques for embedded malware.
- Improved removal of malicious registry keys/values.
- Added scan timing information to the logfile and the active scan screen. When a scan is completed (and no alerts are shown) the total scan time taken will be displayed.
Read comments for more information.
P.S. - Stay tuned for the Random Demonoid Invitation code giveaway 10. This time around we will be giving away 12 Demonoid invites for free.