There was a previous post with instructions on how to get into GFT but this is a revised version as the process is much simpler now.
GFT (or GFTracker or TheGFT) is a private torrent tracker that has no ratio rules. That means you don’t have to maintain a 1:1 ratio (download:upload ratio – if you download 1GB you have to upload 1GB) like most other private trackers. You however need to seed every torrent for at least 48 hours. This tracker is a godsend for users with low upload speeds as they get to enjoy killer download speeds for even huge torrents with the only requirement being seeding for two days (regardless of the upload speed and the amount you upload). Seeding a torrent gives you bonus points which you can spend to get custom titles and other cool stuff.
GFT currently tracks over 6000 torrents and has a user base of around 1700 members. The pre times on this tracker are nothing short of amazing. Apart from scene releases, GFT have added several of their own packs (movies pack, TV series packs etc) as well. Only con I found with GFT is some torrents not being seeded well enough. This of course would be rectified as the tracker grows with more members.
The site however is not open for signup. But there is a way to get invited. Read on.
How to get invited
- [Click Here] to access the GFTracker Invite Channel. Choose a nickname and remember this nickname - you will need this later in filling the questionnaire.
- You should get a PM from CMiUC with a URL to a questionnaire (sometimes this URL is displayed on the channel topic). By the way CMiUC is a bot so don’t beg for invites or try to engage in conversation with it.
- There are 5 questions on the questionnaire. Answer them truthfully and pay attention to the 4th question. GFT needs to know they are not inviting a leecher or a cheater in so answer this question (and others, as a mater of fact) clearly and provide the details in the exact format they have asked.
- Once you are done answering questions, save the complete text and mail the completed questionnaire to the e-mail address specified in the first paragraph.
- If you are lucky and if the admins like your answers, a GFT invitation code will be sent to your e-mail inbox (may take several days). Good luck.
P.S. – If you get in, be sure to check out the forum. There are some goodies you may not want to miss :P