A new build of popular Windows cleanup utility CCleaner is now available. CCleaner (aka Crap Cleaner), will rid your system of junk files that reside in various places and forms. It will clean browser cache, temporary files, recently accessed files lists (even in 3rd part software) and the system registry with the click of a button. If you are attempting to reinstall a software or just uninstalled something from your system, running CCleaner will help remove the files and registry entries left behind by the old application.
The newest build (220.127.116.110) features added support for the FireFox 3.1 browser along with many other enhancements and fixes. It’s a great tool to keep your system running at optimal efficiency. Run it at least once a week and your system will have considerably less amount of crap in it :)
CCleaner is a freeware system optimization, privacy and cleaning tool. It removes unused files from your system - allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. Additionally it contains a fully featured registry cleaner. But the best part is that it's fast (normally taking less than a second to run) and contains NO Spyware or Adware! :)
Cleans the following
- Internet Explorer - Temporary files, URL history, cookies, Autocomplete form history, index.dat.
- Firefox - Temporary files, URL history, cookies, download history.
- Opera - Temporary files, URL history, cookies.
- Windows - Recycle Bin, Recent Documents, Temporary files and Log files.
- Registry cleaner - Advanced features to remove unused and old entries, including File Extensions, ActiveX Controls, ClassIDs, ProgIDs, Uninstallers, Shared DLLs, Fonts, Help Files, Application Paths, Icons, Invalid Shortcuts and more... also comes with a comprehensive backup feature.
- Third-party applications - Removes temp files and recent file lists (MRUs) from many apps including Media Player, eMule, Kazaa, Google Toolbar, Netscape, MS Office, Nero, Adobe Acrobat, WinRAR, WinAce, WinZip and many more...
- 100% Spyware FREE - This software does NOT contain any Spyware, Adware or Viruses.
What’s new in CCleaner 2.13.720
- Added support for Firefox 3.1.
- Added right-click cleaning and analysis for individual items in the tree.
- Added icons to tree parent items.
- Added cleaning for Windows Error Reporting files.
- Added Include/Exclude list editing.
- Improved TypeLib registry cleaning.
- Fixed Index.dat bug that could cause a crash.
- Fixed bug with INI warning messages.
- Internal architecture improvements.
- Fixed minor GUI errors.
CCleaner is completely free. The setup is only 2886kb (roughly 3MB) so even users with dial up or low bandwidth connections should be able to get it.
[Click Here] to download CCleaner 1.13.720 from official download page.