Played Far Cry 2 for a few hours and loved it although there is nothing related to the original Far Cry. On my machine with C2D E8400, 3GB RAM and 8600GT VGA, I could play the game on very high settings with no hiccups at all; something I did not expect given my aging video card. For those interested in the game, here is a way to unlock some promotional bonus missions in the game which are not enabled unless you pre ordered it from GameStop.

I’m not quite sure how these work but from what I have gathered, there are four hidden buddies in the game and you can get a total of 6 new missions from them if you have bonus content enabled. Again I have not played this game that far so I really can’t confirm when or where you will get to play the bonus missions.

Far-Cry-2-1422

How to enable Far Cry 2 bonus content:

  1. Load the game
  2. Once on the main menu, click Additional Content
  3. Click Promotional Content. You will be asked for a password.
  4. Enter SpujeN7x and press accept. You will get the message “You have successfully unlocked the missions”.

There is another code floating around the net which also works. I don’t know if it unlocks the same content as the above code or a set of different missions. If you want to give it a try the code is tar3QuzU

You can find more information on the additional missions from this link.


5 Comments

  1. Anarchist // 10/24/2008 09:52:00 AM  

    thanks m8

  2. stiltet // 1/10/2010 05:38:00 AM  

    THANKS M8! REALLY HELPFULL!

  3. MRINMOY // 12/28/2012 12:30:00 AM  

    Far cry 2 Language poblem.game has a russian language .how to change russian to english language?
    Pls halp me

  4. Unknown // 4/01/2013 11:39:00 PM  

    @MRINMOY If U want to change the FC2 Language to english:
    open: X\Far Cry 2\bin and open the file "FC2Init" in word pad. Erase "Russian" and type in "English"

  5. Unknown // 9/11/2017 02:58:00 PM  
    This comment has been removed by the author.