From time to time, we’ve been posting portable apps on this blog. Latest addition to this section is Google Earth 4.3, the popular virtual globe program from search giant Google. You can carry this version of Google Earth around in your flash drive or removable storage and run it from any computer without installation. Say you don’t have the necessary rights to install Google Earth at work, school or university - just run the portable edition. It’s just as good as the original!
P.S. – This is not Google Earth Pro or Google Earth Plus. Free edition but portable.
Google Earth gives you a wealth of imagery and geographic information. Explore destinations like Maui and Paris, or browse content from Wikipedia, National Geographic, and more.Google Earth combines the power of Google Search with satellite imagery, maps, terrain, and 3D buildings to put the world's geographic information at your fingertips.
- Fly to your house. Just type in an address, press Search, and you'll zoom right in.
- Search for schools, parks, restaurants, and hotels. Get driving directions.
- Tilt and rotate the view to see 3D terrain and buildings.
- Save and share your searches and favorites.
- Fixed various crashes
Earth should accept Ctrl+Shft+arrow up/down now mapped to zoom
- Show correct message after deactivating GE
- Plus/Pro/EC client stops streaming data after 90 min
- EC and Pro client should share same activation key.
- Drag-and-drop place into whitespace causes crash
- Named colors aren't rendered in balloons
- Intel 915 does not display Overview Map
- Some of the layers show empty space below the layer name
- Long URLs in internal browser break clients max width
- Web window expands to be way too wide and can't be resized
- Fail on GPX read if contains anything that should be