Here is another nice little application which I've come to like in the past few days. In function, SRS Audio sandbox is a little similar to DFX. Once installed, your computer's sound card output (regardless of whether you are playing a movie, browsing the web or playing a game) will be sent through the SRS Audio Sandbox, enhancing the sound output. There are several different presets and speaker configurations to choose from. I've used this application with Windows Media Player 11 (SRS WOW effects turned off) to view downloaded movies which have 2CH audio and surprisingly the sound enhancement was noticeable. Keep it mind though, this will not be the replacement for a good sound card and a decent surround speaker system.
The SRS Audio Sandbox™ (SAS) is the ultimate audio enhancement software for the PC.The user can select audio content (e.g. music, movie, game or voice content) and then choose from many presets (i.e. rock music, classical, jazz, country, etc) to dial in amazing sound tailored for any speaker configuration - headphones, stereo speakers, surround speakers.
Based on the content being played, the preferred SRS Labs patented technology will be selected. Users can further personalize the sound through the use of advanced controls which provide deep, rich bass, restore the clarity to vocal and high frequency sounds, provide 3D enhancement for stereo and mono content and more.
The SRS Audio Sandbox also allows users to take advantage of surround content regardless of their speaker arrangement and ensures that sound quality will not be diminished due to the physical limitations of speakers.
- Enhances a variety of content - The SRS Audio Sandbox was designed recognizing audio has become more important as many people use their PC for entertainment, both at home and on the road. With SAS you can customize your audio experience based on music, movie, video or game content.
- SRS WOW HD™ - improves the audio performance of compressed and uncompressed audio by expanding the size of the audio image in the horizontal and vertical sound field and creating a deep, rich bass response. The patented techniques in SRS WOW HD also retrieve information lost in the mixing process to create a more natural audio experience
- SRS TruSurround XT® - accurately reproduces multichannel content over two speakers for a realistic surround sound experience
- SRS Circle Surround II® - creates multichannel surround sound from any audio source, including mono and stereo, when played over a 5.1 or 6.1 speaker playback system
- SRS Headphone 360™ - delivers true 5.1 surround experience over headphones
- Advanced audio enhancement features so you can tune and customize your music, movie or video
- SRS® 3D - 3D stereo enhancement for mono or stereo content
SRS 3D Center Control™ - a “virtual” zoom lens that dynamically extracts and positions the dialog in the foreground or background of the audio mix
- SRS TruBass® - bass maximization
- SRS FOCUS™ - optimize speaker output to compensate and reposition audio placement
- SRS Definition™ - delivers a more lively and brilliant sound by highlighting the high frequency details originally presented in the audio source
- SRS Dialog Clarity™ - makes the vocals easier to understand over surround audio effects (for movies and video)
- Surround Sound - regardless of speaker configuration - For users that have a 5.1 and or 6.1 surround sound configuration, the SRS Audio Sandbox creates true multichannel surround sound from any audio source, including stereo and mono. Conversely, for those computer setups commonly using only two speakers, the SRS Audio Sandbox takes multichannel content and uses a virtualizer to create place phantom speakers around the room, providing a realistic and enjoyable surround sound experience.
Read comments for more information.