One of the most annoying things I find with reinstalling Windows XP is running Windows Update for hours to re-download all those new updates (which are not integrated into my XP installation CD). It used to be a matter of minutes back when Autoptacher offline editions were being released but MS crapped all over it by sending them a Cease and Desist (C&D). RyanVM's Windows XP Post-SP3 Update Pack 1.0.0a lets you update your XP SP3 installation disk so that new upgrades are integrated into the installation cd itself.
The integration process is well documented and there is a separate software for that called RyanVM Integrator to aid in this process. Power users may opt to do this with nLite as well. It's not a complicated process and even novice users should be able to follow the instructions. Before you do anything, make sure that your Windows XP installation disk is SP3 integrated. Officially supported are English versions of Windows XP Professional and Windows XP Home Editions.
This pack is designed to bring a Windows XP CD with SP3 integrated fully up to date with all of the latest hotfixes released by Microsoft since SP2's release. It accomplishes this task via direct integration, where files on the CD are directly overwritten by the updated files. This method has numerous advantages over other integration techniques:
- Since the files are being directly overwritten on the CD, there is no period of vulnerability between when the files are copied to the hard drive and the hotfixes are run. This guarantees maximum stability and security.
- All necessary registry entries needed by Windows Update, QFECheck, and Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer are imported during Windows setup, meaning that the integration is transparent to Windows.
- Security Catalogs necessary for Windows File Protection to recognize the updated files as digitally signed are installed, once again ensuring maximum transparency to Windows.
- Since the updated files are being directly overwritten on the CD, this pack has the minimum possible amount of overhead associated with integrating hotfixes in comparison to other methods - both in space used on the CD and in Windows installation time.
- This pack works regardless of whether or not the Windows installation is unattended.
[Click Here] to visit official page of RyanVM's Windows XP Post-SP3 Update Pack 1.0.0a for download links, updates list and step by step instructions.
[Click Here] to visit RyanVM's MSFN Files Page for older versions and add-ons.