Here is a nice little calendar app for those who want to stay organized. It definitely has more features than the one that comes with Vista's sidebar. It's not just a calendar but does contain other components such as notes, tasks, alarms, contacts and data sharing. Active Desktop Calendar also has the ability to integrate with Google Calendar as well as Microsoft Outlook calendar.
This application is a software calendar with appointments notes, tasks, alarms and contacts that provides seamless integration and interactivity with the desktop background. You can organize your data in layers and share them with other people on a local area network.
The program can integrate with Outlook to show its appointments and tasks on the desktop. There are options for changing calendar icons, fonts and colors, marking weekdays of choice and marking dates with notes and/or alarms. You can have a text only version of the calendar and choose between displaying one, two or three months on the desktop.
- Blends data with desktop wallpaper
- Calendar, notes, tasks, alarms, contacts
- Many recurrence patterns for notes/alarms
- Interactive desktop interface
- Fully customizable (icons, fonts, colors)
- Data export/import/print (CSV, iCal)
- Included preset calendars with holidays
- Detects Tablet PC desktop orientation
- Dual/multi monitor systems supported
- Group calendar data in layers
- Share data layers on a local area network
- Direct connection with Outlook®
- Google® calendar support
- Automatic data backup
- Many icons available for marking notes
Read comments for more information.