The guy who beat the scene to crack BioShock and Alone in the Dark 5 has done it once again. The cracker who goes by the alias "DarkCoder" has released a working version of highly anticipated PC Game Bionic Commando Rearmed before any scene group has done so. Bionic Commando Rearmed is a download only game (no physical DVDs distributed) which is probably why the scene didn't bother with it. Anyway the game has received high ratings and has become a hit among many gamers.
I have seen several scene pre channels list this release but as far as i know DarkCoder is not scene. However the release naming (Bionic_Commando_Rearmed-DarkCoder) and file naming is done according to scene rules. It has already been nuked for a silly reason:
Which does not make any sense as the game does not come in a DVD in the first place. This ISO is obviously homemade but what matters is that this release does work. Expect your favorite bittorrent tracker to track this soon and expect a lot of people to download it as it is only 370MB in file size.
Bionic Commando Rearmed sees a return of the intense 2D side-scrolling, shooting, and grappling action from the much-loved 1988 Bionic Commando on the original 8-bit Nintendo Entertainment System. Bionic Commando Rearmed brings the amazing gameplay up to date with stunning new visuals, new weapons, online rankings, a reworked musical score, and the addition of a two-player co-op mode. The game will also provide cross-game interoperability, given that completing parts of Bionic Commando Rearmed will unlock new content and provide secret insight into the characters and plot of the brand-new Bionic Commando sequel coming later in 2008.
- Classic Bionic Commando side-scrolling gameplay, updated with new abilities, weapons and bosses
- 2-player co-op mode
- Total modern visual and audio revamp
- Cross-game interoperability – complete specific parts of Bionic Commando Rearmed to unlock new content and hints for the Bionic Commando sequel
- Challenge Rooms – obstacles courses and swing puzzles that test your skills, with your best times ranked against other users in online leaderboards
- Top-Down Stages – the return of the top-down scrolling gameplay of the original’s “Enemy Encounter” stages, with remixed music from the classic Commando!
- Multiplayer – up to 4 players can face off in a frantic melee of shooting and swinging!
- In-game art designed by Shinkiro, one of Capcom’s most talented artists