Here is an update which gamers and high end video card users will find useful. nVIDIA have released version 178.13 of their ForceWare unified drivers package with a slew of improvements and added support for newer graphics hardware such as the 9500GT and 9400GT. ForceWare v178.13 includes support for nVIDIA PhysX acceleration on selected GPUs and installs NVIDIA PhysX System Software v8.09.04. All of the drivers are Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL) certified.
nVIDIA ForceWare software unleashes the full power and features in nVIDIA's desktop, gaming, platform, workstation, laptop, multimedia, and mobile products. Delivering a proven record of compatibility, reliability, and stability with the widest range of games and applications, ForceWare software ensures the best experience with your nVIDIA hardware.
ForceWare v178.13 Release Highlights
- WHQL-certified driver for GeForce 6-series, 7-series, 8-series, 9-series, and 200-series GPUs, including the newly released GeForce 9800 GTX+, 9800 GT, 9500 GT and 9400 GT GPUs.
- Adds support for NVIDIA PhysX acceleration on all GeForce 8-series, 9-series and 200-series GPUs with a minimum of 256MB dedicated graphics memory (this driver package installs NVIDIA PhysX System Software v8.09.04).
- Experience GPU PhysX acceleration in several full games and demos today by downloading the GeForce Power Pack.
- Adds support for 2-way and 3-way NVIDIA SLI technology with GeForce GTX 200-series GPUs on Intel® D5400XS motherboards.
- Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI™ technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and OpenGL, including 3-way and Quad SLI technology.
- Supports CUDA™.
- Supports NVIDIA GeForce 3D Stereo Technology.
- Supports Folding@home distributing computing application. Download the high performance client for NVIDIA GPUs here and join the NVIDIA team: #131015.
- Supports GPU overclocking and temperature monitoring by installing NVIDIA System Tools software.
- Includes several 3D application performance improvements. The following are examples of improvements measured with v178.13 WHQL versus v175.19 WHQL driver:
- Single GPU increases up to 11% in 3DMark Vantage (performance preset)
- Single GPU increases up to 11% in Assassin's Creed DX10
- Single GPU increases up to 15% in Bioshock DX10
- Single GPU increases up to 15% in Call of Duty 4
- Single GPU increases up to 8% in Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
- 2-way SLI increases up to 7% in Bioshock DX10
- 2-way SLI increases up to 10% in Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts DX10
- 2-way SLI increases up to 12% in Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
- 2-way SLI increases up to 10% in World in Conflict DX10
- Includes numerous 3D application compatibility fixes. Please read the release notes for more information on product support, features, driver fixes and known compatibility issues.
- Users without US English operating systems can select their language and download the International driver here.
Use the links given below to download the v178.13 drivers directly from nVIDIA official servers. Choose any one of the links below that is compatible with your operating system.
- [Click Here] to download nVIDIA ForceWare 178.13 WHQL For Windows XP 32-Bit
- [Click Here] to download nVIDIA ForceWare 178.13 WHQL For Windows XP 64-Bit
- [Click Here] to download nVIDIA ForceWare 178.13 WHQL For Windows Vista 32-Bit
- [Click Here] to download nVIDIA ForceWare 178.13 WHQL For Windows Vista 64-Bit