As usual, the game has been leaked on P2P networks immediately after it’s release. P2P group TDM is responsible for the leak. TDM have managed to even include the bonus DVD in their release. Also included are required files and instructions to bypass the controversial TAGES copy protection built into the game.
The Witcher was without a doubt of of the best RPGs of year 2007. Although I initially hated the combat system, I actually did spend hours and hours on the game completing side quests and the main storyline. However nothing is perfect. The Witcher had its share of bugs, glitches and performance issues. The most notable were the insane load times. Although there were patches released to fix these issues, the bugs did harm the otherwise awesome gameplay.
Now, after almost a year after initial release, CDProject have released ‘The Witcher Enhanced Edition’. The following are major new features said to be included in the Enhanced Edition of The Witcher
- Over 200 new animations,
- Additional NPC models and recoloring of generic NPC models
- New monsters,
- Vastly expanded and corrected dialogues in translated versions, improved stability,
- Load times reduced by roughly 80% (YAY!)
- All known bugs are said to be fixed and the game manual completely overhauled.
- Two new adventures called Side Effects and The Price of Neutrality.
- Ability to mix and match 8 different languages of voice and subtitles. For instance, players can now choose to play the game with Polish voices and English subtitles.
In addition to the in-game updates, The Witcher: Enhanced Edition will feature premium packaging loaded with value, including the multilingual game disc allowing you to play with any combination of voice-over and subtitles, two new adventures with full voice-over, the D’jinni Adventure Editor, the Official Soundtrack CD, a Music Inspired by The Witcher CD, an official game guide, The Witcher short story by Andrzej Sapkowski, a Making-of DVD with behind-the-scenes video footage, and a map of The Witcher’s world.The Witcher represents the pinnacle of storytelling in role-playing games, shattering the line between good and evil with a world where moral ambiguity reigns. In a beautiful, rich game universe, the player takes on the role of renowned monster slayer, Geralt of Rivia, in an epic, action-packed narrative in which his decisions have a major impact on how the story plays out. The Witcher emphasizes story and character development in a vibrant world, while incorporating tactically-deep real-time combat like no game before it.
- Microsoft® Windows® XP Service Pack 2, Vista
(Operating System must be up to date with the latest fixes)
- Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz or AMD Athlon 64 +2800
- 1 GB RAM for Microsoft® Windows® XP / 1536 MB for
Microsoft® Windows® Vista
- 128 MB Video RAM or greater with DirectX9 Vertex Shader/ Pixel Shader 2.0 support
(NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or ATI Radeon 9800 or better)
- 8.5 GB available hard drive space