Here is a newer build of AVG Internet Security. Unlike the Anti-Virus, Internet Security suite comes with several components not only to detect viruses but to prevent hacking attempts, privacy protection, spam blocker and to detect rootkits. From my little experience with this product, Internet Security seemed to consume a moderate amount of system resources. As for detection rates, it’s nothing bad but I prefer the superior detection rate of Kaspersky Anti-Virus over this. But that is not to say AVG is a bad product. Give it a try.
Anti-Virus, Anti-Spyware, Anti-Spam, Web Protection & Firewall; Comprehensive protection for Windows against all online threats from the world's most trusted security company. Use the Internet with confidence in your home or small office.
- Anti-Virus: protection against viruses, worms and trojans
- Anti-Spyware: protection against spyware, adware and identity-theft
- Anti-Rootkit: protection against hidden threats (rootkits)
- Anti-Spam: filters out unwanted and fraudulent e-mails (anti-phishing)
- Web Shield & LinkScanner: protection against malicious websites
- Firewall: protection against hackers
- System Tools: for easy system management
- Easy to download, install and use
- Protection against all Internet threats
- Real-time security while you surf and chat online
- Top-quality protection that does not slow your system down
- Free support and service around the clock and across the globe
- Compatible with Windows Vista and Windows XP
Read comments for more information.