Today seems to be a good day for gamers (and a very good one for pirates). First scene group RELOADED cracked STALKER: Clear Sky and now the non scene cracker known only as 'DarkC0der' has cracked Crysis Warhead.
We reported earlier that Crysis Warhead would be released with SecuROM DRM which is hated both by pirates and legitimate users alike. The SecuROM version bundled with Crysis seems to be similar to the one that came with Spore. Users of Spore even created creatures to protest against the invasive DRM protection included in the game. However it has once again been proven (this time by DarkC0der) that even the strongest protections currently on the market are doomed to fail. DarkC0der's crack includes a fixed paul.dll file which has the online activation process removed. Fixed files can be used in conjunction with previously leaked CloneDVDs which were useless until now. DarkC0der was the first to crack popular PC titles such as Bioshock, Bionic Commando Rearmed and Alone in the dark 5 all of which featured variants of online activated SecuROM.
Take on the fight as the volatile Sergeant "Psycho" Sykes in a new parallel story taking place during the events of Crysis. Psycho's secret mission will take him to the other side of the island on a ruthless pursuit of a North Korean general hell-bent on obtaining powerful technology. With the versatile powers of his Nanosuit and an arsenal of fully customizable weapons & vehicles at his disposal, Sykes will do whatever it takes to carry out his top-secret objective. Action on the other side of the island is more intense, the battles are fierce, and the mission protocol is no longer "Adapt to Survive". As Sergeant Sykes, now you must adapt to dominate the battle. Twin SMG's blazing, seizing new vehicles, or going stealth, the action and the victory is on your terms.
- More explosive and dynamic minute-to-minute gameplay, with new customizable weapons, new vehicles, new photorealistic locations to explore and a fully interactive warzone to dominate
- Enhanced human and alien AI, with an all-new ally squad support system and other enhancements for intelligent enemies and bigger challenges in taking down enemies
- Includes Crysis Wars, an expanded new multiplayer experience with new online modes and 21 maps, including seven all-new maps to battle it out against other players
- CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz (3.2 GHz for Vista), Intel Core 2.0 GHz (2.2 GHz for Vista), AMD Athlon 2800+ (3200+ for Vista) or better
- RAM: 1GB (1.5GB on Windows Vista)
- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT, ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (Radeon X800 Pro for Vista) or better
- VRAM: 256MB of Graphics Memory
- Storage: 15GB
- Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible
- ODD: DVD-ROM
- OS: Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or Microsoft Vista
- DirectX: DX9.0c or DX1