Ahead software released the latest version of its digital media software suite, Nero 9 a few days ago. I used to love Nero back in the days of version 6 and 6.6. But since then I feel that the software suite has only got more bloated with each new release. Version 9 is not lightweight by any means but it does introduce several new features. For starters, Nero 9 has support for Blu-Ray burning by default whereas in version 8 it was only available through an additional plug-in which you had to purchase separately. Among other new features are AutoBackup, Gracenotes support, Music Grabber (rip the soundtrack from videos), Nero Showtime with Vista Sidebar gadget and Ad spotter (will detect and remove commercials from TV shows). The regular CD/DVD functions remain almost the same with only UI enhancements over version 8.
Nero 9 is the next generation of the world’s most trusted integrated digital media and home entertainment software suite. It features new cutting-edge functionality that makes enjoying digital media content simple.
This easy-to-use yet powerful multimedia suite, gives you the freedom to create, rip, copy, burn, edit, share, and upload online. Whatever you want – music, video, photo, and data – enjoy and share with family and friends anytime, anywhere.
With easy-to-use Nero StartSmart command center, your digital life has never been more flexible, feasible, and fun.
Nero 9 Highlights:
- Fast and easy rip, burn, Autobackup, and copy functions
- Backup files to CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray Discs*
- Create professional-looking DVD movies with integrated 3D menus
- Copy, burn, share, upload, and create music mixes like a DJ
- Convert music, photos, and DVDs to play on your iPod® and other mobile devices
- Quick photo and video upload to My Nero, YouTube™, and MySpace
- Watch, record, pause, and customize your live TV experience
- Play AVCHD and other HD formats
For a full feature list, please look here.