First of all let me tell you that this news will only be useful to existing members of RevolutionTT tracker. Since we have posted several times about RevTT open signups before, I assume we have a good number of readers who are already RevTT members. The good news is that RevTT have launched Holiday IRC bonus once again. This is one of the easiest ways to win free upload credit on this tracker.
There is a detailed forum post on RevTT which explains this contest in detail. Paragraph below is quoted from this post:
Holiday Bonus runs from December 29th 2008 - January 5th 2009.
You must join the #RevolutionTT IRC channel.
If you are in the channel when the highest user peak is recorded you will receive the associated credit shown below.
If the number of users in #Revolutiontt are as followed:
- 1000-1499 - gets you 10gb
- 1500-1999 - gets you 15gb
- 2000-2499 - gets you 20gb
- 2500-2999 - gets you 25gb
- 3000+ - gets you 30gb
For Example... On Sat 3rd Jan 09 the channel hits 2800 users and your in the channel then after the competition ends. You would receive 25GB UPLOAD CREDIT!
One of the best things about the Holiday bonus is that all users logged onto IRC (including those who are idling) will receive the bonus as opposed to just 1-3 members in most other competitions.
How to join RevolutionTT IRC Channel:
There are several ways to do this. In all instances you need to login with your site nickname and use the unique IRC key – the channel is invite only.
1. Login to RevolutionTT and use the built in IRC chat page at https://www.revolutiontt.net/chat.php. You will need to have the Java Runtime Environment installed (Download it free from here) in order to load the chat widget.
2. Use a 3rd party IRC chat client such as mIRC to login to RevTT IRC Channel (It’s easy to idle this way since you can keep the application minimized to tray just like IM software).
- If you don’t have mIRC installed, download and install it. A quick search for ‘mIRC’ on RevTT will give you everything you need. After mIRC installation in complete, shut down and restart your web browser.
- Set the mIRC nickname to your RevolutionTT username (Tools—>Options—>Connect-->NickName)
- Login to RevolutionTT and visit https://www.revolutiontt.net/irc.php. You will see a command in the page. This is usually similar to:
/RevoTT !invite NICK abcdefggherhjklghfdjkhfds
(This command is unique to each username). Copy this command to clipboard.
- Now click this link –> irc://irc.revolutiontt.net. Choose to open the link with mIRC when your web browser prompts.
- If mIRC presents you with a ‘Link Request’ window, choose ‘Change to the new server’ option and press ok.
- Once connected, type the command you copied on step 2 into the console and press enter. You will be invited to the #RevolutionTT channel.
Currently there are 1500+ users online. This number will rise as the news spreads – don’t be left out.