A new version of popular disk Defragmentation software Diskeeper has been released. Diskeeper 2009 (version 13.0.835) introduces a new feature called InvisiTasking which allows the program to defragment the file system in real time. I-FAAST 2.0 and Frag Shield 2.0 are two more updated features in the new version. This post features the Diskeeper 2009 Pro Premier version which is targeted at power users.
I have not used Diskeeper extensively so I cannot comment on its effectiveness. So far, the reviews I found (for version 2008) on the internet seem to be largely positive. Diskeeper 2009 is so new and currently there aren’t many reviews around for this version.
Must-have max system performance for the power user. Diskeeper 2009 Pro Premier edition provides unparalleled peak performance for power users and high powered workstation computing, delivering the ultimate in performance and reliability to those who appreciate it most. Diskeeper 2009 Pro Premier will extend the life and increase the efficiency of your systems while greatly increasing workplace productivity.
- Breakthrough Technology! InvisiTasking™ —Available in Diskeeper 2009, InvisiTasking provides up-to-the-moment defragmentation without tapping into active system resources.
- Real-time defragmentation —Handle fragmentation as it occurs, providing maximum speed and performance at all times!
- Uncompromising file and free space defragmentation —Defragment in the most extreme hard drive environments.
- "Defragmentation Intelligence" enhancements —Diskeeper monitors and analyzes each drive, then chooses a defragmentation strategy specific to the needs of that drive.
- Frag Shield™ 2.0 —boosts reliability and availability by automatically preventing crash-inducing fragmentation of critical system files.
- I-FAAST™ 2.0 (Intelligent File Access Acceleration Sequencing Technology) automatically boosts access speeds for the most commonly used files.
- Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) Compatibility mode —Diskeeper works intimately with the automatic backup system already on your PC.
- Native 64 bit operating systems support.
- BOOT-TIME MODE safely performs Microsoft®-recommended defragmentation of critical system files.
- Network Management Support —control Diskeeper settings and functionality via Diskeeper Administrator edition or Group Policy.
Read comments for more information.