Five years of being online is a milestone for any website on the internet. However, it’s even a bigger achievement when the said site is a private BitTorrent tracker. These sites have to endure a lot of hardship including legal pressure, server maintenance costs (since they are funded entirely by donations) and various other obstacles. BitMeTV successfully overcame these hurdles and celebrated their 5th birthday earlier this month. Back then, birthday celebrations were limited to a news post on site – it promised ‘surprises’ that were said to be ‘coming soon’. Now, several weeks later, these promises seem to have finally been upheld. BMTV has not only added some new features to the site but they've even rewarded existing members with a host of benefits including free upload credit (which almost never happens on this tracker).
Below is a summary of recent changes and enhancements at BMTV. Main source of this information was a news post on site homepage.
Enhanced user class privileges
- Each Class has had their Max Torrent Slots Increased.
- User Class increased by 5 additional slots
- Power User increased to 55 slots
- VIP Users have been increased to 125 slots
- Elite members now have 555 slots
Upgrades to elite user class
- Elite Users can now check when their status will expire by viewing their User Details page.
- Grandfathered Elite users will show as an infinite sign.
- Grandfathered users are those that got Elite Status before we had set time frames.
Torrent Description Generator
- There is now a Torrent Description Generator in the left side Menu and a link to it is also on the Upload Page. This is a very useful feature especially if you are an uploader. The tool automatically generates an episode summary complete with show image, episode summary and show summary (extracted from TVRage). All you have to do is to choose the show from the drop down menu, enter the season number and then enter the episode number.
Free upload credit
Believe it or not free upload credit has finally been given to almost every good member on BMTV. According to a news post, over 51 TB of free credit have been given out to 20,000+ members.
Members have been awarded Upload Credits in the following amounts
- Became a member from Mar 04, 2005 - Sept 30, 2005 and receive 5 GB
- Became a member from Oct 01, 2005 - Sept 30, 2006 and receive 4 GB
- Became a member from Oct 01, 2006 - Sept 30, 2007 and receive 3 GB
- Became a member from Oct 01, 2007 - Sept 30, 2008 and receive 2 GB
- Became a member from Oct 01, 2008 - Sept 30, 2009 and receive 1 GB
To receive the credit that you'd be eligible for you would have to have been using your account and have downloaded at least the same amount of upload Credit you will be receiving and a current ratio above .65.
The maximum credits amount awarded (5GB) is not a lot but I doubt any BitMeTV member would say no to it. It’s not very easy to seed on this tracker and even the smallest addition to your upload stats can help immensely when it comes to maintaining the global ratio. Anyways it’s nice to see BMTV rewarding it’s members who actually were the main reason why this tracker succeeded. If what’s posted on the homepage is correct, more gifts are on the way.
BitMeTV is one of the world’s largest private trackers for TV series. It currently tracks close to 25000 active torrents and has a registered user base close to 22000 members. Getting into BMTV is not so easy – invites are not readily available (and do not request for them here), there is no IRC recruitment and the site almost never opens signups. TVTorrents.Com, Freshon.TV, ScienceHD (for documentaries), BTN, TV-Vault (for older series) and STR can be named as viable alternatives for this tracker.