Several months ago we featured the direct download forum tpsBB here on FILEnetworks Blog. For those who missed it, tpsBB is a DDL forum with some very exclusive high definition movie releases. They are home to P2P encoder group NHANC3 and index a lot of HD encodes by groups such as CCnSS, AQUA, PRODJi, WHIZZ and of course NHANC3 themselves. This post however is not about tpsBB’s DDL section – it’s about their latest project, RapidLeeech. Simply put, RapidLeech lets users who do not have paid accounts on one click hosting sites (RapidShare, Megaupload, etc) enjoy premium features such as high speed downloads, support for download managers, no wait times/word verification (captcha), etc all for free. How are they doing it? Well, it’s an interesting method.
Here’s a summary of how RapidLeech works. Let us assume for a moment you need to download a file from RapidShare.
- Obtain the download link.
- Visit tpsBB’s RapidLeech section and paste the download link in the ‘Link to Transload’ field.
- Press the ‘Transload File’ button. The file will now be downloaded to tpsBB’s server. In some of the test cases we tried, the download speed (from RapidShare to tpsBB server) was hovering around 9000 KB/s which was in fact pretty good.
- Once loading is complete, you will be given a direct download link to the file (now hosted on tpsBB’s own servers).
- You can use this link to download the file. Unlike regular RapidShare links, tpsBB hosted files do not have wait times enabled, there are no speed restrictions and even download managers are supported.
To download files from one click hosts to their server, it seems tpsBB uses their own premium accounts for each particular service. If what’s posted on their forum is correct, they have 5 Rapidshare,1 Megaupload,1 Hotfile,1 Filefactory,1 Netload and1 Uploading.com premium accounts. But those are not the only services RapidLeech supports – it works with 72 different hosting services ( but dealing with above mentioned services might be faster and easier than others due to the availability of premium accounts).
As an added bonus, you are able to manipulate the downloaded file stored on tpsBB server. You can view the file online, RAR or UNRAR it, add a password, rename file, split file into pieces, E-mail the file or even re-upload it to 64 different file hosting services.
As good as it sounds, there are some restrictions on this service. Files downloaded into tpsBB’s own server automatically get deleted within 2.5 hours. Additionally, their current hard drive capacity is around 900GB (of which around 30% was used at time of this post) and this could easily get filled as the site grows and more members are recruited. Anyways for now it' just works and is completely free – let’s hope it remains that way :).
RapidLeech service is password protected. However, you do not need invitations nor do you need to go through interviews to obtain a password. Here’s how you can get one:
- Register for a free account on tpsBB
- Log in, read this forum thread (point no. 2) for RapidLeech username and password
- Use the credentials obtained in step 2 to log into RapidLeech.
Note that this password might change after a certain number of hours. When/if this happens, the new password will be obtainable from the DDL forum, for all registered members.
RapidLeech Login URL: http://www.tpsbb.com/RL/
tpsBB Registration Link: http://tpsbb.com/register.php
tpsBB (DDL Forum) Review: [Click Here]
P.S. – As mentioned in the first paragraph, don’t forget to check out direct downloads sections maintained by NHANC3 and other groups at tpsBB forums. While RapidLeech is exciting, tpsBB remains to be a great DDL source for p2p HD encodes.
Special thanks to Tejas for the heads up.