ThreatFire is an anti malware product developed by PC-Tools, the same folks behind the excellent registry optimizer ‘Registry Mechanic’. What’s interesting about ThreatFire is that it focuses largely on the prevention of new, undiscovered, zero day malware infections. Unlike traditional Anti Virus software ThreatFire does not use a ‘virus signature database’ based approach towards the elimination of security threats. Instead, it uses behavioral monitoring that can detect previously unknown viruses and other pests without the need for updated definition files.
Note that ThreatFire should not be considered as an all in one security solution for virus/malware prevention. I suggest you combine it with a dedicated Anti Virus software such as Kaspersky to get killer results.
- Comprehensive protection against viruses, worms, trojans, spyware, rootkits, keyloggers & buffer overflows
- Real-time behavior-based malware detection
- Immediately shut down destructive processes and quarantine malware
- Automatic updates (when opted in to ThreatFire Community)
- ThreatFire reporting and protection statistics
- Malware quarantine & removal
- Rootkit scanner - ability to schedule and customize
- Advanced custom rules settings, fully configurable
- System Activity Monitor - view instructive data about all running processes
- Informative alerts provide guidance on how to proceed; most threats automatically quarantined
- Free online support
- Personal and individual use allowed
Basic version of this software is free of charge. It has almost all major features of the pro version and is great for day to day use.
[Click Here] to download latest version of ThreatFire 4 free version from official server (Direct Download)