Most of us don’t give a damn about duplicate files present in our hard drivers but the truth is that they could eat a lot of disk space. Extra copies of existing files are always created by the operating system as well as application programs even though the user is unaware of it. You computer could really get cluttered with junk if this process continues for some time. Most of the time, extra copies of the files can be safely deleted. But how do you detect them? This is where the ‘Fast Duplicate File Finder’ comes in. It’s a free software that is designed with one goal in mind – find extra copies.
The app is actually pretty easy to use. All you have to do is to launch the program, start a new project and add a folder (or an entire drive) to be scanned. In a few seconds a complete list of duplicate files found on the target location will be displayed. You can delete unnecessary files right from this view itself. The program itself is pretty lightweight and is only around 1.6MB in file size. It does not add any startup entries or services to the system and will not consume half your computer’s resources.
Fast Duplicate File Finder will help you find fast all duplicate files in a folder and its sub folders. The applications will compare the content of your files so it will find duplicates even if they are using different file names. It uses fast binary comparison algorithm and has internal preview supporting a lot of image, video, music and text file formats. You can also preview the files in binary mode. When the scan process is finished the program shows you all duplicate files in groups and can automatically mark the older files for deletion. The auto mark algorithm has advanced settings to exclude from auto mark files with user specified extensions, file sizes, file dates and file names. You can also set which folders you want to exclude from the auto mark. There is an option to protect system files and folders which is recommended to be turned on.
- Find all duplicate files in user specified folders, drives or entire computers.
- Fast binary comparison algorithm
- Internal preview supporting images, videos, music, text and binary files
- Older files can be automatically marked for deletion
- Duplicate files can be moved to Recycle Bin, custom folder or deleted permanently
- Support for all kinds of removable media - usb drives, diskettes etc.
- Has intuitive interface and rich documentation
- Process priority settings that will let the application scan in your computers IDLE time
- Protection for system files and folders that will prevent damages to your system files
- Automatically locate duplicate files in Windows Explorer
- Open file with associated program
- Multi-language file system support
[Click Here] to download the latest version of Duplicate File Finder from official download page (Direct Download)