Earlier we reported about a private multiplayer beta version of Wolfenstein (2009 PC/Console game) being leaked online. Well the leaks apparently didn’t stop there – the full game has now made its way onto the internet. Although not as early as Sims 3, pirates sure didn’t take their time to release Wolfenstein online– after all, they did it right on the game’s official North American release date. If you don’t know what it is, Wolfenstein 2009 is the sequel to ‘Return to Castle Wolfenstein’, a hit PC title that was released back in 2001. Wolf 2k is without a doubt one of the most anticipated first person shooters of this year.
So who leaked the game? It was none other than warez scene group AVENGED who has a long history of releasing untouched DVD Images of PC titles. Right now most pirates will struggle to get AVENGED release to work as the game is protected by SecuROM DRM (and there is no crack included in this release – Image is ‘untouched’ & around 6.8GB in size). However this release will no doubt be utilized by crackers and reverse engineers on groups such as RELOADED or Razor1911 to develop a ‘cracked’ executable void of SecuROM, as it’s been done many times before.
For those interested, here are the minimum system requirements to run Wolfenstein 2009:
- Microsoft(R) Windows(R) XP, Windows Vista(R) , Windows 7(R) (Windows 95/98/ME/2000 are unsupported)
- Microsoft DirectX(R) 9.0c (included & required for Windows XP & Vista)
- CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 3.2 GHz or AMD Athlon(TM) 64 3400+ processor
- RAM: 1GB RAM
- Video Card: 256MB NVIDIA(R) Geforce(R) 6800 GT or ATI Radeon(TM) X800
- Sound Card: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
- HDD Space: 8GB (Plus an additional 800MB for Windows swap file)
- Media: 100% Microsoft Windows compatible DVD-ROM drive
- Internet: Broadband connection and service required for multiplayer.
Note: Please do not ask for or post links to cracks/serial numbers/torrents, etc here. This post is for informational purposes only.