If there are web applications developers (PHP, Flash, Flex, etc), SEO buffs, web designers, graphics designers, templates/scripts addicts, 3D animation gurus or even photographers among our readers, here is some great news. TemplateP2P, a must have site if you are into any of the fields mentioned above (doesn’t matter if you are a professional, student or a hobbyist), now has an online invite application in place. This should come in handy for those dying to get in, considering the fact that TP2P is a closed community that opens public registrations once or twice a year (and they just had an open signup last June so don’t expect another for quite some time).

TemplateP2P

With the opening of invite applications, several other changes have taken place at TP2P. For example regular members of the site can no longer send invites – you now need to be VIP or above to have that privilege. Main reason for these changes as we understand it is the staff’s disappointment with all the invite selling and trading going on. However with the new system in place one thing is for certain - you wouldn’t have to beg for TP2P invites (or buy them) again. However you’ll have to prove your skills in your area of expertise to get into the site. There is a quite a lengthy explanation posted on TemplateP2P forum about the new system

"We are working on a whole new system for new members. It's an Application / Test. Potential new members will fill it out and their applications will be reviewed by myself and the two Global Moderators. It's not your average membership application. There will be multiple steps and multiple pages. The first page explains the whole process.

The second page is general information that you might find on a normal membership application. The third page is where you pick your test. We will have several different tests covering different but relevant topics. The applicant will pick the topic they feel most confident with. Once selected, their custom test will be shown. This is not multiple choice or true/false. It's ESSAY format! I hated school essays, but they seemed to test my knowledge more than standardized tests. We don't have a set grading scale for admission or acceptance, but we will only select applicants who can form Clear Proper sentences and who answered the questions intelligently. This will hopefully bring in lots of new GOOD blood and filter out the bad."

Right now the invite application (Step 2) has 8 categories to choose from: Website Design, Website Coding, Graphics Design, Templates & Scripts, The Scene, Hosting, SEO & General Filesharing. However for the moment tests are only available for the fist four categories – you can choose any one of these in Step 2 and proceed from there.

It’s all good but why would anyone want to submit applications and go through ‘tests’ to join a forum? Well below is an screenshot of the members only area of TP2P which should give you a hint:

All of the categories visible above (there are ones that aren't shown in the screenshot) usually have premium content that is not freely available on the net. It’s not only the content – this site has a helpful community of over 8000 active members. You can read more about TP2P in our recent review of the site which we posted back when it was open for signup.

Site Name: Template P2P (http://templatep2p.com/forum/)

Invite Application URL: http://tp2p.7twomedia.net

Special thanks to T.J for the heads up.


24 Comments

  1. Adz // 8/03/2009 05:25:00 AM  

    Somewhere between the time I started the skills test and finished it, they made a change in their SQL. Can't even get to the skill test any more: "Update Failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'LIMIT 1' at line 1"

  2. PolarisX // 8/03/2009 10:30:00 AM  

    Issue Fixed, I thought we beta tested the app but with all the applications that have been made today, bugs have arisen. I'm implementing a maintenance mode so issues like Adz has been experiencing wont happen again.

  3. Bryant // 8/03/2009 07:36:00 PM  

    So, they will add a test on general filesharing at a later date?

    because I'm not good with the first four.

  4. TEAM FILEnetworks // 8/03/2009 09:21:00 PM  

    PolarisX,
    Thanks for the update. Appreciate it.
    @Bryant,
    Pretty sure they'll do that. Maybe PolarisX can answer that question better.

  5. Adz // 8/03/2009 09:29:00 PM  

    @PolarisX,
    I just tried it again and got the same error. It happens when I select website coding and click the button to go to the next part.

  6. RedTheHat // 8/03/2009 10:07:00 PM  

    This place looks awesome, so I gave it a shot, spoke about all the Photoshop stuff I know and all that. Never heard about the place till today, to be honest, looks like an awesome community I would love to be involved in. Finish the app, and get this:

    "You have previously applied, or you screwed up while applying and have been banned for 90 days. Have a Great Day!"

    I think their system is bugged. I've never applied here before, or known what this place is.

  7. RedTheHat // 8/03/2009 10:09:00 PM  

    Having said that, I'd love to thank the guys for offering membership applications and all that, I'm just a little dumbfounded is all... :/

  8. Adz // 8/04/2009 12:09:00 AM  

    @RedTheHat,
    Are you on a dynamic IP address? I believe the site bans the IP, so if someone previously tried from the same IP would still get picked up.
    Either that or you did, as the message said, screw up while applying.

  9. RedTheHat // 8/04/2009 07:47:00 AM  

    LOL Nah, just one IP for me, and believe me, I'm not dumb when it comes to answering basic questions about Photoshop. lol No biggie though, thought it would be cool to join up, but yeah. No dramas. :)

  10. RedTheHat // 8/04/2009 08:18:00 AM  

    This has all been sorted out, I am guessing it was just a glitch or something in the way this is done. Thankyou for FNB for publishing this, and cheers to TP2P for making applications available!!

  11. Bryant // 8/04/2009 08:04:00 PM  

    oh well. shall wait then.

    Tried it again just now, no luck.

    *waiting for PolarisX's reply.

  12. Unknown // 8/05/2009 01:04:00 AM  

    Well I signed up, and got that error after typing in YES on the last page.

    So hopefully my application went through, it didn't give me any errors after submitting the PHP test questions. I'm confident that I got all code right, so I'm hopeful that they grant me an invite.

  13. RedTheHat // 8/05/2009 12:37:00 PM  

    I personally think the error message after typing yes is either a bug, or just them having some fun. I wouldnt worry too much about it. :) You either get in or you dont.

  14. Unknown // 8/05/2009 11:45:00 PM  

    I honestly am not seeing these bugs, consider of course that this thing was thrown together at the last minute.

    Adz, when I select "Website Coding" it works just fine, and ive run through the application 40+ times to test for errors.

    As for the last page, I was too lazy to make a final page so after you complete the last phase of the application it redirects you to the frontpage of TemplateP2P. If its giving a ban error its probably because you tried to go back, but the system autobans you after the application is complete so you saw the message.

    Considering the massive amounts of applicants we've had who have reported no errors at all I find it weird you guys are having issues.

  15. Adz // 8/06/2009 05:30:00 AM  

    Wow.
    I got through to the final page and was reading through it before I typed yes...And the redirect kicked in before I could do even finished reading.

    PolarisX - would my application still have gone through?

  16. Bryant // 8/06/2009 07:32:00 PM  

    Hey PolarisX, this is the error I'm getting for choosing The Scene as my test question.

    No questions of this type are specified in the database. Please try another category.

    This is a temporary issue, as we're in the process of adding questions.

  17. Unknown // 8/06/2009 09:24:00 PM  

    Yes it went through Adz. Ive taken it down for maintenance. I finally got the errors you were getting Adz ... I think its been mySQL on the server messing up because sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't.

    I apologize to everyone that was having trouble, like i said i built this very quickly.

  18. Bryant // 8/07/2009 03:37:00 PM  

    okay hope you fix it soon. hope I can take on the qns for The Scene category.

  19. arko // 10/18/2009 01:21:00 AM  

    templatep2p is invite only

  20. Unknown // 11/13/2009 07:16:00 PM  

    I'd be willing to trade a Waffles, What.cd, TorrentLeech, SuperTorrents, Demonoid (when it's back up), SCT, FTN, ILT, or a number of other private tracker site invites in exchange for a TemplateP2P.

    Let me know at seaborn2012@gmail.com

  21. Marc // 4/14/2010 01:25:00 PM  
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  22. Anonymous // 4/25/2012 10:06:00 AM  

    Yoooo. I'll give someone $ for an invite... hmu cyberthane@aim.com

  23. Unknown // 7/04/2012 04:05:00 PM  

    Marvelous work.Just wanted to drop a comment and say I am new to your blog and really like what I am reading.
    las vegas data recovery

  24. Unknown // 7/04/2012 04:19:00 PM  
    This comment has been removed by the author.