These are indeed good days for private tracker buffs. Yet another excellent BitTorrent site, TorrentGui (TTG) has opened public registrations and is currently accepting new members. Understandably, some of you out there might not be familiar with the name ‘TTG’. Even though the name is new, this is by no means a new, start up tracker. TorrentGui was previously known as GameGui and used to specialize in video games. Now, it has rebranded itself as TTG and has expanded site operations to track software, movies and TV shows in addition to PC and console games. It has an impressive collection of high definition video content and is home to several P2P encoder groups including ‘WiKi’, who used to release exclusively on HDChina. TTG will be open for public registration for three days starting today.
With over 35000 registered members (at least in their forums), TTG is one of those huge private trackers. Bulk of this user base migrated from GameGui which itself was one of the largest Chinese torrent sites during its time. Their torrent index is also decently sized with around ~7500 active torrents indexed at time of posting.
Although TTG began as a games only tracker, the site has now expanded to index video content including movies and TV shows. You can even find software and other releases which makes this essentially a General/0Day tracker. If you are wondering, TTG still seems to focus a lot on games and their PC/Console games collection is as impressive as it ever was. In addition, this tracker has quite a few exclusive releases with the help of internal encoder groups such as WiKi (Ex- HDChina), NGB, BPMWell, BD Club, QW (games) and WiiDao (Wii games). The screenshot below captures ofr of TTG’s torrent index:
Although the majority of releases indexed on this tracker are in English, it’s navigation interface does not have an English language translation option – it’s all in Chinese. However, there is no need to worry – you can get over the translation woes with the help of Google Chrome.
How to translate TorrenTGui to English with Google Chrome
- Download the latest version of Google Chrome browser from here.
- Visit TTG forum homepage through this link: http://torrentgui.com/bbs/index.php.
- Once the page is done loading, Google Chrome will automatically display several translation options (the message will be displayed just beneath the address bar – you can’t miss it).
- Choose the auto detected settings (should be Chinese Simplified Hans to English) and hit translate. If you get the message ‘Translation failed due to server error’ keep re-trying.
- Once translation of the first page is done, you can configure Google Chrome so that it automatically translates all TTG pages without prompting you. Select the ‘Options’ button (in the translation help popup) and select ‘Always translate Chinese Simplified Hans to English’ from the drop down menu.
How to register for a TorrentGui account
As mentioned in the title of this post, TorrenTGui will be open for signup in the next three days (until the 16th). Registration is fairly straightforward but detailed information is given below should you need it. It’s recommended that you have set up automatic translation before trying the registration process.
- Visit TTG forum homepage through this link http://torrentgui.com/bbs/index.php
- Open the registration page using http://torrentgui.com/bbs/register.php
- Fill out the registration form and hit submit. Login to the site through your credentials.
- Complete the registration process by going through the profile information dialogs.
- Once registration is complete, click on the ‘PT’ button on top left hand corner of the page. This will redirect you to the private tracker (link is http://torrentgui.com/bbs/ptredirect.php)
If you liked TorrentGui you may also like:
- OurDiSC – Private Tracker For Full R1, R3 DVD And Blu-Ray Disks
- HDCity – Another HD BitTorrent Tracker From China
- CHDBits – High Definition Private Tracker
- CCFBits – Chinese HD torrent tracker with English releases
- HDRoad.ORG - Private HD Torrent Tracker
- HDStar HD BitTorrent Tracker Open For A Limited Time Only
P.S. – Check out the new Facebook Like button which we just installed on the top right sidebar. Hit the ‘Like’ button to become a fan of FILEnetworks on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/filenetworks) and get our updates directly on your FB wall.