A few months ago we ran an article about the popular private torrent tracker iPlay. iPlay, a site that is almost always closed to public registrations, relaxed their rules a little by opening trial signups; potential new members could sign up as trial users and test drive the site. Trial accounts that met certain requirements after a specific time period were promoted to full user status and given permanent membership on the tracker. There was however a limit to the number of trial registrations allowed – although most of our readers could get in when we posted the news earlier, those who were late in reading the post obviously could not get in. Good news is that iPlay seems to have opened trial registrations yet again – you now have the opportunity to sign up for one of the best general/0day trackers currently online.
Like almost every other general tracker on the planet, iPlay tracks scene and non scene releases. However, there are several factors that makes this site stand out from the rest. First and foremost, iPlay has a lot of internal, exclusive releases. These are uploaded by 5 of their own release groups, iNCOMiNG, iDVD, iPSP, iHD and iMOBILE (you can track all internal releases from the iPlay Releases Board - http://www.iplay.ro/board/board.php). Second, this site has a great visual design - the four different themes introduced with iPlay V4 look great and gives the site a polished look. In terms of content, iPlay’s torrent index is pretty huge. There are currently over 13500 active torrents accessible via three different browse pages, one each for general content, music releases and adult content. Download speeds and pre times are pretty good across all torrents here.
Enough about site features – you obviously came here to seek more information about trial registrations so let’s get back to that. We already posted a detailed article on how iPlay’s trial registration system works several months ago. Same information with minor updates is quoted below.
A trial account has several limitations over a regular user account - a list of them may be found below:
- Account is valid for 7 days.
- Account has a download limit of 7 torrents.
- Account has a download limit of 7GB.
- Account has no right to make requests.
- Account has limited ( read only ) access to forum.
- Account has no right to send private messages.
After the 7 day grace period, it’s possible to convert your account to a full account and become a ‘normal’ user. There are two methods to get promoted (quoted from site):
- After the 7 days trial period if your global ratio is 1.5 or greater you are eligible for promotion, but promotion must be approved by staff.
- By making a donation, in this way your account will be converted from trial to full automatically.
How to sign up
iPLAY signup process is a little more complicated due to the number of checks and verifications that are built into it. Tips below should help you overcome this hurdle.
- You need to read the FAQ and Rules pages. Before you hit the signup button, open these two pages on two new tabs on your browser and start reading. We know most of you skip through these on trackers but in this case make sure to actually read the content – iPLAY has some custom rules (such as minimum monthly download requirement) and you will need a good understanding of them to survive the trial period. If you close the pages too quickly and hit signup, an error message ‘take the time to read FAQ and rules’ will be displayed.
- You need to correctly answer all 3 BitTorrent related questions on signup page. Get any one of them wrong and you will only be able to try again after 12 hours.
- Your password must be at least 8 characters long.
Signup URL and site homepage details are as follows:
Site Name: iPLAY (http://www.iplay.ro/)
Signup URL: Visit http://www.iplay.ro/login.php and click on ‘Trial Account’ button. Note that trials registration will likely be open for a very limited time – get in while you can.