Did anyone notice that today is Friday the 13th. According to Wikipedia, “Friday the 13th is a superstition about a day of good or bad luck”. Well I don’t know about bad luck but today definitely is a good day for fans of Horror/Cult movies and TV Shows. Why? The Horror Charnel (THC), probably the best private torrent tracker around for horror themed content, has opened signups after being closed for ages.

the horror charnel

As of 13/9/2009, THC indexes around 500 torrents (Note that this is the number of active torrents on the tracker - only includes the ones added after October 2008). If you are a fan of horror and cult movies, you’ll feel at home because THC has a great community. It already has a user base of close to 2000 members and the number of users is expected to grow rapidly during the open signups.

As for the content on THC, this tracker indexes both TV shows and movies related to the cult genre. Amongst the torrents indexed are some very rare horror movies, older horror themed TV shows (Friday the 13th TV series, shorts, TV documentaries and more. There are some great packs online as well. The complete list of categories is too long to be posted here – check the ‘genre selector’ on THC for a full list.

the horror charnel screens

There is a note posted on THC about the open registrations:

Starting this Friday the 13th, THC will (for a short time) have open sign-ups.
Only 1 account per new member please! Any double accounts will be deleted!
Enjoy the madness!
THC Staff

Every new user gets 2GB free upload credit upon signup. As the notice says, open signups won’t last forever so get in while you can.

Site Name: The Horror Charnel (http://horrorcharnel.kicks-ass.org/)

Signup URL: http://horrorcharnel.kicks-ass.org/signup.php

Horror Movie Database (HMDB)

Horror Movie Database (HMDB), which is a sister site of THC, is also open for signup. HMDB is not a torrent tracker - it’s a database of Horror Movies with covers, reviews, news and other extras.

Site Name: Horror Movie Database (http://hmdb.horrorcharnel.org/)

Signup URL: http://hmdb.horrorcharnel.org/signup.php

If you liked this tracker you may also like:


25 Comments

  1. Violated // 2/13/2009 07:50:00 PM  

    Thank you very much. I have been wanting to register for THC for years!

    Thanks a lot.

  2. Lightning_Struck_Tower // 2/14/2009 12:57:00 AM  

    http://www.spirit-tracker.org/signup.php

    Only 13 slots available. Lots of dodcumentaries

  3. karansawhney // 2/14/2009 01:05:00 AM  

    how to confirm ma account after creating in spirit-tracker???

  4. Lightning_Struck_Tower // 2/14/2009 01:15:00 AM  

    karansawhney,
    Login with your details. It'll give an error saying you need to contact staff to activate account. Click on the word activate. This will take you to a chat server where you can talk to staff and get your account activated.

  5. Dan // 2/14/2009 03:20:00 AM  

    Glad to know I wasn't the only one having issues getting mu account activated w/ Spirit-Tracker. Has that site been active for awhile? I'm also seeing a lot of images not loading correctly. Thx

  6. Unknown // 2/14/2009 03:27:00 AM  

    Torrentleech open again through sister site IRC. Head over there ad follow the intrucstions. Open till 14th 00:59GMT.

    irc://irc.pussytorrents.org:6011/invites

  7. Lightning_Struck_Tower // 2/14/2009 03:49:00 AM  

    Dan,
    Used that site last about 2 weeks ago and as I recall there were no problems.

    D,
    Thanks for the info.

  8. Dan // 2/14/2009 05:37:00 AM  

    @LST

    Jumped on Spirit Tracker's IRC channel & finished the registration process that way. Thanks for the info.

  9. karansawhney // 2/14/2009 01:55:00 PM  

    i got thr too ...
    thnxx

  10. mario3817 // 2/17/2009 07:15:00 AM  

    I have register with Horror channel but everytime I tried to log in, it always bring me to the logging page. Tries to reset my password but still the same. Anybody have the same problem?

  11. Unknown // 5/31/2009 01:52:00 AM  

    Hey guys! I'm a huge horror fan and i would really love an invite for thc..Can someone plz snd me one? I can send ratio proofs of the sites i am registered to and speedtest to ensure i will make good use of the invitation ;) Cheers

  12. sbasu // 9/25/2009 10:24:00 PM  

    can any one be kind enough to send me an invite there?
    my id......
    sbbasu2008@gmail.com
    sumanbasu2008@yahoo.com

  13. Mason // 10/01/2009 11:58:00 PM  

    can someone send me an invite to thc?

    my email is bones.grave@gmail.com

  14. Unknown // 10/14/2009 05:42:00 AM  

    Can someone please send me an invite to the Horror Charnel?
    sgaida@comcast.net.

    Thanks

  15. Kristina Alessandra Pata // 11/13/2009 05:47:00 AM  

    Hi!

    I'd just like to ask why is it when i'm trying to open this site i receive a message that it is "Reported Web Forgery"...

    How can I change this? I'm using a firefox browser.

    Thanks.

  16. Anonymous // 12/06/2009 09:47:00 AM  

    can someone send me an invite to the horror charnel. my email is
    effigia_crastinus@yahoo.com.
    many thanks in advance.

  17. Unknown // 12/24/2009 05:16:00 PM  

    Can I Haz invite code please? I have a Demonoid account so maybe we can arrange something... email me at 888yux@gmail.com

  18. Unknown // 12/24/2009 05:19:00 PM  

    btw, I'll give as many Demonoid invite codes as you want.

  19. Talal S. Almani // 12/24/2009 08:10:00 PM  

    Can you please send me a demonid invite?
    Thank You

    almani.harvard@gmail.com

  20. hierophant // 6/13/2010 05:53:00 AM  

    I don't really know how to get an invite so I thought I'd try here. If some kind soul who likes very unkind films could send me an invite at hierophathom@yahoo.com, I would be willing to perform any 5 chicken sacrifice or 3 goat summoning for them. I'll even clean up. I am tired of using lame public sites wasting time trying to find obscure horror films. (I see about 5 a week.) Thanks.

  21. paul // 1/30/2013 04:12:00 PM  

    hi does anybody know here whats wrong with the horror charnel. problem being ive been a member on there since last year when it was open invite day at 1 point last year. but now when i try to log in it says error wrong user name and password it was ok last year but as of late it wont let me in. i cant contact them as i cant sign in if anybody can help id be very very greatful. just to add i havent got caps lock on when doing password ive cleared all temp files rebooted pc latest version of java. as i said all was fine as i used this quite a lot but now it will not let me in and its very frustrating not knowing whats causeing this.

  22. paul // 1/30/2013 04:23:00 PM  

    hi does anybody know here whats wrong with the horror charnel. problem being ive been a member on there since last year when it was open invite day at 1 point last year. but now when i try to log in it says error wrong user name and password it was ok last year but as of late it wont let me in. i cant contact them as i cant sign in if anybody can help id be very very greatful. just to add i havent got caps lock on when doing password ive cleared all temp files rebooted pc latest version of java. as i said all was fine as i used this quite a lot but now it will not let me in and its very frustrating not knowing whats causeing this.

  23. paul // 1/30/2013 04:24:00 PM  

    hi does anybody know here whats wrong with the horror charnel. problem being ive been a member on there since last year when it was open invite day at 1 point last year. but now when i try to log in it says error wrong user name and password it was ok last year but as of late it wont let me in. i cant contact them as i cant sign in if anybody can help id be very very greatful. just to add i havent got caps lock on when doing password ive cleared all temp files rebooted pc latest version of java. as i said all was fine as i used this quite a lot but now it will not let me in and its very frustrating not knowing whats causeing this.

  24. Unknown // 10/18/2013 04:21:00 AM  

    Can somebody please send me an invitation, I have tried for so long to join.

  25. Lonewolf // 3/04/2015 05:59:00 AM  

    Can someone please send me an invite code.I hats to resort to begging, but a freaks gotta do what a freaks gotta do. Thanks in advance.