We’ve posted about TorrentBytes (TBy) before but we decided to post an updated article since TBy is one of the most underrated trackers in existence. TBY is a well established General/0Day tracker with a decent user base, great uploaders and nice staff. Started back in 2004/2005, TBy is also one of the oldest private torrent trackers around. Hopefully this post will help both our new and old readers discover one of the greatest private torrent trackers currently online.

torrentbytes

One of the strength of TorrentBytes the huge amount of users. It has a user base of over 68000 registered members - this ensures increased seeder activity and ultimately extends the lifetime of a torrent. Popular torrents on TBy usually have more than 1000 seeders. At any given time, Tby tracks between 3000-4500 active torrents - most older individual torrents are deleted once they are integrated into packs.

Speaking of packs on TorrentBytes, they have a whole lot of them. As of 16/2/2009, there were 280+ music packs, 50+ games packs, 650+ TV season packs, 200+ movie packs as well as over 200 0Day software packs. Good thing about these is that most of them are well seeded and are on free leech! Tby without a doubt is one of the best trackers for torrent packs/collections.

torrentbytes packs 
[F L] tag on torrent title means Free Leech (no download counted – only upload amount added to global ratio)

While Tby has great content, it’s not a high level tracker and is not hard to get into at all (another great example of why tracker levels don’t mean squat). They don’t have an invite system so the only way in is via during open signup. During the course of 2008, TBy gradually raised their the user limit from 60k to 70k and now there is plenty of room for everyone. Site is currently open for signup and interested readers may create an account for free.

Site Name: TorrentBytes (http://www.torrentbytes.net)

Signup URL: http://www.torrentbytes.net/signup.php

Signup Notes: TBy has one of the most difficult signup processes ever. Follow the instructions to register successfully:

  • Captcha is somewhat hard to recognize and is case sensitive. You may have to try several times to get through.
  • Read the FAQ and Rules (open them and scroll) during the registration process . This must be done before the countdown timer at the bottom reaches 0 (or before you hit 'signup' button).
  • Use Upper case + Lower case characters and a minimum 10 characters in your Password.
  • If you make any errors filling the signup form, captcha will have to be re-entered.

P.S. - Don’t confuse TorrentBytes with TorrentBits.Ro – these are two different trackers and have no relation with each other.


23 Comments

  1. Unknown // 2/16/2009 08:47:00 AM  

    I was a member years ago lost it to inactivity tough.Might check it out thanks for the heads up.

  2. Deeran // 2/16/2009 10:08:00 AM  

    It took me around two hours to sign up on this site 3 months ago, but it was definitely worth it.
    TBy has one of the best communities.
    I tend to use it more than TL, RevTT, and IPT.

    Seeding is very easy too, even on the older torrents.

  3. |\|a(-)z // 2/16/2009 11:09:00 AM  

    torrentbyte is good... most torrents are well seeded, speed is amazing... the only down side is the torrent deleted after 40 days(i might be wrong regarding the number but i'm pretty sure its somewhere around there) policy and also the occasionally the slow pre time...

  4. Y-Tor-D // 2/16/2009 02:33:00 PM  

    user limit reached.

  5. karansawhney // 2/16/2009 07:09:00 PM  

    no it is,nt i jst got registered a min ago....

  6. Unknown // 2/16/2009 10:17:00 PM  

    You are either behind proxy or using ISP which is not qualified to use TorrentBytes. i am from india is my ip blocked

  7. Lightning_Struck_Tower // 2/16/2009 10:35:00 PM  

    Yeah signups are still open (for me at least).

    noel,
    Really? Since when have they been blocking India? Is it just one ISP? I've heard of several trackers banning 1/2 Indian ISPs but have never seen India on a tracker's banned country list.

  8. Unknown // 2/16/2009 11:02:00 PM  

    "You are either behind proxy or using ISP which is not qualified to use TorrentBytes" for me to...:( i´m in sweden.

  9. Unknown // 2/16/2009 11:37:00 PM  

    @Eat The Damn Shit - Torrents aren't deleted after 40 days... There's no such rule as that. I guess you mean to say that inactive accounts are deleted after 42 days.

    And btw, noel I'm from India and I've been using TorrentBytes for sometime now. My ISP doesn't seem to be banned

  10. Unknown // 2/16/2009 11:58:00 PM  

    Hi there, I get this:

    403 Forbidden
    Unauthorized IP address. [Error: 1] You are banned!

    Any ideas?

  11. Lightning_Struck_Tower // 2/17/2009 12:11:00 AM  

    noob,
    I think your IP is in a banned Ip range at TBy. Possibly your ISP is banned im not sure though.

  12. Unknown // 2/17/2009 12:33:00 AM  

    yeah, I think so. I am in south america. I tried using a proxy to no avail :(

  13. Dan // 2/17/2009 04:42:00 AM  

    Weird, I was discussing this site with a friend of mine like 3 days ago & wondered if they were gonna open registrations anytime soon. This is awesome, thanks for the news!

  14. Unknown // 2/17/2009 11:51:00 AM  

    Could I get some help with confirming my registration? I was able to sign up just fine, but when I click on the confirmation link in the email, it just sends me to a blank page with the words "Could not select id" on it. Did I do something wrong?

  15. C.O.S.M.O. // 2/18/2009 06:09:00 PM  

    @ noob

    Your country is banned...like mine.
    I was a user there, but then onde day I couldn't just log in.
    I live in BRazil

  16. Unknown // 2/19/2009 10:40:00 AM  
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  17. Unknown // 2/19/2009 10:41:00 AM  

    @COSMO:

    yes, very sad they banned our countries... why would they do such thing?

  18. emz // 2/23/2009 10:25:00 AM  

    maybe i'm retarded but my ip is banned now :( i tried to put my pin in from my email but it said it was invalid. am i banned forever?? this was the only site i had a good ratio on :( :(((((((

  19. Simon // 2/25/2009 04:44:00 PM  

    Hmm. I'm getting the same message:

    Unauthorized IP address. [Error: 1] You are banned!

    I've been a member for years, use it regularly and never do anything wrong. I wonder if they're just having a glitch at the moment or something?

  20. Simon // 2/25/2009 05:09:00 PM  

    Aw! Just spoke to them on IRC and apparently I was banned for cheating (definitely didn't cheat). They got weird stats that I'd been uploading at 66MB/s or something daft. As far as I'm concerned this is a bug at their end, but my account is gone :( If this happens to you, mention my case and point out there may be a bug in their system.

  21. Xy // 2/27/2009 11:20:00 PM  

    I don't like the staff, and the tracker is ugly. Their serious discussion forum is a joke.

    Anybody who don't conform with their view(s) is seen as a threat. Their admins are the usual I ban j00 kids, that got beat-up in public school.

    I think I used my account there 3-4 times or less. THEGFT, SCT, TL got way better community. For the rest bitmetv, tv.torrents.ro, bitme, waffles, what IPT, demonoid. Got what I need.

    I did not need a kid-police trying to tell me what was acceptable in what was supposed to be an 'open' discussion forum.

  22. Unknown // 4/25/2009 12:17:00 PM  

    My account got disabled.. no idea why. Now the sign ups are full. Any ideas. I hate not having a torrentbytes account!

  23. scott // 5/22/2009 11:59:00 PM  

    I got banned today,got home from work and says banned,guy on irc says i have been logged at uploading 300mbs this morning, thats impossible. He was basically calling me a cheat.

    I've been with them for years and never had a problem before.

    He said my isp and my torrent client are my responsibilty so nothing i can do about it.

    They dont believe anyone.