Owner of an NVIDIA video card and thinking of playing F.E.A.R. 2 : Project Origin? Download the recommended drivers and software to obtain maximum game performance. NVIDIA have released ForceWare 182.05 Beta Drivers (Geforce Release 182) which according to them yields a 10% performance increase in F.E.A.R. 2. NVIDIA PhysX System Software v9.09.0203 released today (10 February) is also included with 182.05 drivers. Read on for direct download links.
According to release notes, 182.05 drivers are compatible with GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, and 200-series desktop GPUs. Note that these drivers are still in beta – proceed at your own risk.
Release Notes & What’s New in Release 182.05:
- Recommended for the best experience in F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin.
- Boosts performance in several 3D applications. The following are examples of improvements measured with Release 182.05 WHQL drivers vs. Release 181.22 WHQL drivers (results will vary depending on your GPU, system configuration, and game settings):
- Up to 8% performance increase in Fallout 3 at high resolution and AA.
- Up to 10% performance increase in F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
- Up to 9% performance increase in Half-Life 2 at high resolution with AA.
- Up to 11% performance increase in Left 4 Dead at high resolution with AA.
- Up to 10% performance increase in Race Driver: GRID at high resolution and AA.
- Includes full support for OpenGL 3.0 on GeForce 8-series, 9-series, and 200-series GPUs.
- Automatically installs the new PhysX System Software version 9.09.0203.
- Additional information on specific bug fixes can be found in the release documentation notes.
All are direct download links from official NVIDIA servers. Download managers are supported.
[Click Here] to download ForceWare 182.05 drivers for Windows XP 64-bit
[Click Here] to download ForceWare 182.05 drivers for Windows XP 32-bit
[Click Here] to download ForceWare 182.05 drivers for Windows Vista 64-bit
[Click Here] to download ForceWare 182.05 drivers for Windows Vista 32-bit