Street Fighter 4 for the PC has been released and the game seems to be an instant hit among gamers. SF4 is a welcome addition to the PC platform which in my opinion hasn’t seen a good fighting game since the good old days of Street Fighter 2 and Mortal Kombat 4. Anyway the aim of this post is to help our readers with one of the most common problems associated with Street Fighter 4 (and some other Games for Windows Live titles). If you do not login with a valid GFWL account, the game will not save your progress – upon restart all your progress will be lost. Now everybody doesn't have GFWL live accounts so how can this problem be solved?

street fighter 4 cover screen

The solution is easy. Create a GFWL offline account. You wouldn’t be able to access achievements this way but the game will definitely save your progress. Creating an offline account is totally free and you don’t even need internet access to do that.

  1. When you load SF4, you will be prompted to create a Windows Live account. Continue.
  2. Choose the create account option and then choose the create offline account option. Click ‘Done’ to save and close.
  3. If you do not get the prompt, press ‘Home’ key while in game to bring up the GFWL settings page where you can create the account.

Cheers!

P.S- How’s your keyboard doing? Mine’s already half destroyed :p


17 Comments

  1. Lightning_Struck_Tower // 7/03/2009 12:53:00 AM  

    Xhaos,
    No problems with cutscenes/intro here. Will update if i come across this issue.

  2. Daniel Driver // 7/03/2009 02:50:00 PM  

    I absolutely can't pull combos with Keyboard :S

  3. OFF // 7/03/2009 04:55:00 PM  

    Xhaos, you are probably having trouble with codecs. Game uses .wmv files so maybe reinstalling Windows Media 9 (?) Codecs will do.

  4. Unknown // 7/04/2009 04:25:00 PM  

    anyone havin problems with 2 player ?? i cant assign 2p controller.. got a fix or patch or sth ??

  5. Verghaust // 7/05/2009 04:11:00 AM  

    Xhaos: same issue here. Were you able to resolve it?

  6. Traduccion // 7/11/2009 04:09:00 AM  

    I'm also having this problem during the cutscenes. There must be a another way of fixing this. I uninstalled the K-Lite Codec Pack but that didn't solve it. It must be something related to codec as you say.

    Any help please let us know, there are a lot of people in this situation.

  7. Traduccion // 7/11/2009 04:09:00 AM  
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  8. Unknown // 7/11/2009 06:06:00 PM  

    Hi,

    I have problems with enabling a joystick for two player. I can't play with my friend because the keyboard and joystick are looking the same on SF!

  9. Unknown // 7/11/2009 06:06:00 PM  

    Hi,

    I have problems with enabling a joystick for two player. I can't play with my friend because the keyboard and joystick are looking the same on SF!

  10. Unknown // 7/11/2009 06:06:00 PM  

    Hi,

    I have problems with enabling a joystick for two player. I can't play with my friend because the keyboard and joystick are looking the same on SF!

  11. Shinonin // 11/28/2009 09:35:00 AM  

    I wasn't asked to create a Windows Live account.. I was asked to create a gamer profile or something.. And when I pressed Home, it just opens the thing to create a gamer profile thing again.. Is there a patch that I need to download? I've downloaded my Street Fighter 4 off torrent.. Please help me! Thanks in advance!

  12. Siddie // 12/01/2009 09:34:00 AM  

    this game isn't that keyboard banging as compared to other SF games (especially Marvel vs Capcom one)..
    and with ken masters.. it's really easy to beat the computer...

  13. alfredkyo // 1/28/2010 07:15:00 PM  

    guys.. SF4 wont open, its just black window and (failed to access file), how am i going to fix it?
    thanks...

  14. Unknown // 4/06/2010 11:18:00 PM  

    I've had the same problems, BSOD, cut scene freezes, as soon as you hit start on the 2nd controller the game dies and you get the "failed to access file" error message. I updated EVERYTHING, ran RAM tests, basically ripping my hair out trying to get this bug fixed with no success.

    Now, I feel like an idiot. I had been using a USB hub which never got recognized by Windows 7 64 bit. After removing devices one by one and then bypassing the hub altogether, the game runs great, no more crashes.

  15. dense dark // 5/11/2010 08:02:00 PM  

    plz heip me out i m not able to do sign in offline as such options doesnt coems
    plz help me out to save game in sf4
    vaibs4007@rediff.com

  16. Michael // 6/11/2010 04:57:00 AM  

    i cant see the create account option... when i enter yes in sign in now.... it goes back to sign in now? "yes or no"

  17. Michael // 6/11/2010 04:59:00 AM  

    i have an offline account of GFWL in GTA IV, can i use it?