Blazblue Calamity Trigger has finally arrived for the PC. Although this fighting game (which is of the same genre as Street Fighter 4), was released for the consoles several months ago, the street date of the PC version was delayed by several weeks and was scheduled for sometime around the 20th of August. Despite the delays, the PC port is finally here and judging by the response we have received so far, some folks have already got their hands on a copy (not that this is not the arcade version of the game which leaked earlier this year). So here’s our routine troubleshooting article for Blazblue Calamity Trigger. This article tries to address two of the most common issues people seem to be having with the game – issues when saving single player progress and inability to change screen resolution.
How to save progress in Blazblue Calamity Trigger
Judging by comments left in several gaming forums, many people seem to have run into the issue of not being able to save progress in single player portion of the game. The solution for most of these cases is rather simple and we’ve discussed it numerous times before. BCT is a Games For Windows Live (GFWL) supported game – to save progress, you need to be logged into a GFWL account. If you don’t have an online account, don’t worry - you can always create an offline local profile and continue playing. Step by steps to create an offline profile in GFWL based games can be found below – these should work for all GFWL 3.1 based games.
- Launch the game. Open the Windows Live menu (or it will open automatically, prompting you to log in or create a new account).
- If you are not logged into any GFWL profile continue to step 3. If you are already logged onto a profile (local or online), try launching the single player component and try to save progress. If saving and loading works fine, you obviously have no problem. If it does not work, you’ll need to sign out of the current profile before continuing to step 3 (Create profile button will only become visible when you aren’t logged in).
- Click on ‘Create new profile’ button.
- In the dialog box that pops up DO NOT hit continue. Hitting continue will take you to a registration page for an ONLINE profile – this is not the requirement.
- Once in the ‘Create Gamer Profile’ window, scroll down so that you can see the bottom paragraph.
- Look for the hyperlinked ‘created a local profile’ link in last paragraph. Clicking this will allow you to create a new offline profile.
Offline account will not let you play online. For those who are interested in online play and who already have a GFWEL online account, keep in mind that Blazblue Calamity Trigger is compatible with any Games For Windows Live key. You can insert any key from your old GFWL based games (Bioshock 2, Street Fighter 4, Fallout 3 GOTY Edition, The Club, etc) can play BCT online legitimately.
How to change screen resolution in Blazblue Calamity Trigger
In game options in BCT may not display all the screen resolutions and your favorite res can be missing from the list (I’ve seen folks running into problems when trying to lower the resolution). If this is the case, you can manually edit display settings configuration file to force the game run in your preferred resolution.
- Navigate to C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\ARC SYSTEM WORKS\BLAZBLUE-CT\Config\ folder.
- Open the file DisplaySettings.cfg with a text editor.
- You should be able to edit the entries to set your proffered resolution. Please make sure to use an standard resolution which is supported by your monitor – entering unsupported resolutions can result in black screen errors upon game launch.