VLC Media Player (formerly known as VideoLan Client) just got updated to a new build. VLC is one of the best free media players which lets you play a wide variety of multimedia file formats (including MP4, DivX, XVid, X264, OGG, Mp3 and more) on your PC without the need of additional codec packs. It’s a great software which can be used even on low end machines due to its effective usage of system resources. The new build (0.9.9) comes with several decoder enhancements and bugfixes and is a recommended update for all existing users of VLC.
The full feature list of this software is too long to be posed here. To realize the full potential of VLC media player, check out the this page on the official site. Here is the full changelog between VLC v0.9.8a and 0.9.9:
- Decoders: - Experimental new decoder for Real Video 3.0 & 4.0
- Demuxers: - Various fixes related to real demuxer
- Mac OS X Interface: - Fixed circumstances, which could lead to an empty Information panel - Note that VLC will show information on the currently _selected_ item instead of the currently _playing_ item, if the playlist is visible in the main controller window, Fixed multiple UTF8 issues in the Streaming / Exporting Wizard
- Mac OS X Port: - Improved video playback performance on Intel-based Macs
- New Localizations: –Indonesian, Bengali, Updates of other localizations
- Various bugfixes: - Support for receiving RTP packets on odd port numbers, Lots of small bugfixes, Correct Fullscreen behavior on Multi-Screen setups on Windows, Telnet fixes on Windows, Resampling fixes when transcoding
All setup files can be downloaded directly from official VideoLAN servers. Download managers are supported.
[Click Here] to download VLC Media Player 0.9.9 for Windows (Direct Download)
[Click Here] to download VLC Media Player for other operating systems (Linux, MAc OS X, BeOS, etc)
Note: The latest version of VLC media player can always be downloaded from the following location: http://download.videolan.org/pub/videolan/vlc/latest/