We’ve talked about freeware media players such as VLC in the past – foobar2000 is another free media player that has often been overlooked in our previous articles. It’s a fully customizable audio player which supports a number of different file formats. One of the great things about foobar2000 is that it does not eat half your system’s resources – the software has very low memory footprint even when a file is being played back.
- Audio formats supported natively: MP1, MP2, MP3, MPC, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC / Ogg FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, AU, SND, CDDA, WMA, and more.
- Full Unicode support.
- Customizable user interface layout.
- Advanced tagging capabilities.
- Support for ripping Audio CDs as well as transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component.
- ReplayGain support - both playback and calculation.
- Gapless playback support
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
- Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player.
[Click Here] to download foobar2000 from the official download page. Changelog, readme and other information too can be found here.