What state is your shared computer in at the end of the day?
- Hard disk filled with downloaded files?
- Strange options configured?
- Programs installed that you don't want?
- System infected with viruses and spyware?
- Computer bogged down for unknown reasons?
Windows SteadyState, successor to the Shared Computer Toolkit, is designed to make life easier for people who set up and maintain shared computers.
- An easy way to manage multiple users - You can manage whole groups of users as single user accounts. The new Windows SteadyState console makes it easier than ever to create and modify user profiles.
- A locked-down platform for stable shared computing - Not every computer user should have access to every software capability. Your system can be more stable and consistent when you limit user access to control panel functions, network resources, and other sensitive areas.
- Set it and forget it - Once you have everything set up the way you want it, you can share the computer and rest easy. Any changes a user might make to the configuration or hard disk can be undone by simply restarting the machine.
Click here to download from the Microsoft Download center.