The word ‘DarkSide’ can be quite confusing when it comes to BitTorrent. That’s because it has many meanings. DarkSide was the name of a well hidden but widely sought after Hungarian private torrent tracker (now defunct). It is also the name of an online forum (DarkSide_RG) that’s home to many well known P2P encoders and rippers. Today’s post is about the latter. DarkSide_RG is a private community and a torrent forum for movies, TV show, audio files, games and more. It is the birthplace and home of many well known P2P rippers such as aXXo, Release-Lounge and even KVCD groups such as UKB.

DarkSide RG

First things first - DarkSide Release Group (or DarkSide_RG) is not a private tracker. It’s not even a public tracker. It’s an online forum which hosts .torrent files and for various movies, music and game releases. Like most private communities out there, DarkSide looks just like a regular discussion forum to the unregistered user. The site’s torrent forum will only be visible once you register an account and log in.

Speaking of the torrent forum, this is where all the ‘good sh1t’ is. DarkSide has several kick ass encoders and rippers including some popular names in the BT community such as aXXo. DarkSide is aXXo’s real home and his releases are always made available first via this forum. By the way, aXXo hasn’t been active lately – his last login on site is 19th July 2009 - 03:44 PM so any aXXo release you downloaded after that stand a good chance of being gay pron. In addition to aXXo, some pretty well known rippers such as HellRaiser, FLAWL3SS RG, Konzilla RG, UKB Release Group, `jedi and many others have joined hands with DRG. Screenshot below shows part of their torrent forum:

DarkSide Screenshot

As mentioned earlier none of the torrents are tracked by DarkSide; External trackers such as TPB and H33T are are used instead. Indexed torrent files however are hosted by DRG itself. And of course, with a registered user base close to 160000 members, DarkSide forums are pretty active. If you can’t find anything to download, you can always join in on the discussion – there’ll always be various threads open in the ‘Community Forums’ and ‘Reviews and Discussions’ section.

Public registrations for DarkSide are currently open. It’s almost always been open during the past couple of years and there are no signs of this changing anytime soon. DarkSide is actually a great place to discover new, non fake releases that would otherwise be difficult to find just by searching a torrent index. Check it out.

Site Name: DarkSide_RG (http://94.75.224.58/forums/)

Registration URL: http://94.75.224.58/forums/index.php?act=Reg&CODE=00


14 Comments

  1. Anonymous // 11/11/2009 07:07:00 AM  

    when did they start alllowing ddl links?

  2. Lightning_Struck_Tower // 11/11/2009 08:40:00 AM  

    @Chris,
    They dont seem to. Ive edited the article.

  3. Unknown // 11/11/2009 10:06:00 AM  

    axxo,flawl3ss_rg,jedi and konzilla dont release 2 darkside anymore....de popular encoders/groups ones active are newartriot,release lounge,wrath and noir....

  4. Manoj Biswas // 11/11/2009 10:21:00 AM  

    hurry ..........

    http://www.underground-gamer.com/signup.php

  5. Thiru Cumaran // 11/11/2009 10:36:00 AM  

    Hi guys, wonder whether you have any idea as to what happened to zamunda! I've been trying to access the site for nearly 2 days now but it isn't working...the tracker is working fine, but the site isn't! :(

    Are they undergoing any downtime or anythin like that?

  6. Violated // 11/11/2009 10:42:00 AM  

    @ashwin,
    I dont think aXXo has left DarkSide. Couldn't it be that he's just not active anymore? I have not seen his releases in other usual places such as through his official mininova account.

  7. Unknown // 11/12/2009 12:08:00 AM  

    http://zamunda.net/ is down since 2 days ago

  8. Unknown // 11/12/2009 12:09:00 AM  

    I love all your suggestions very much, I think u do a wonderful job for we all, who love torrents, so thanks u very very much!!!

    I wonder if u know what is happening to the wonderful PreToMe site, just abouth a month it is having some problems and now,I've been trying to access the site for nearly 6 days now but it isn't working...the tracker is working fine, but the site isn't!

    If u could help I will be very grateful, have a nice day!

  9. Dan // 11/12/2009 12:37:00 AM  

    @serint:

    I'm on PTM right now... What sort of issue are you having? Have you tried their IRC?

  10. Unknown // 11/12/2009 06:14:00 AM  

    Just a little I've posted to you was the first time I've open the login page of PTM but the last thing I had do in it was a change of the password (I've do this following one of this site tips). After I've changed my pass I could'nt access the site till today. Today I got the login page but it give me the "incorrect pass" so I call for recover, received a e-mail confirmation (and reset of my older pass) but until now I have not receive any more news from them. I don't use IRC, I really dont know how and I dont like it, also. It seems to me very disturbing - I am a quiet person who have much difficult to concentrate and, almost all people, I have to work... I love my computer, I love internet but there is such a million of information, I feel that this large amount of information is "pollution"... More is, in fact - almost ever - less...

    But thank for your concern, sorry for my english. I really would like to access PTM cause I like the site so much, but till now I couldn't...

  11. Unknown // 11/13/2009 08:08:00 AM  

    Yeah the zamunda.net is down since november, 9. And i'm worried about.
    If you guys know anything about it, informe us. I would appreciate, thanks.

  12. Lightning_Struck_Tower // 11/13/2009 12:36:00 PM  
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  13. Lightning_Struck_Tower // 11/13/2009 12:36:00 PM  

    Trying to contact Zamunda admins to know what's up. Will update on homepage if anything found.

  14. Unknown // 12/18/2009 08:56:00 AM  

    One of the more active releasers are Noir (my personal fave). What is the url of PreToMe? What is it like?