Regular readers of this blog should be familiar with the name CoExist (CE for short). CE is a ratio free private torrent tracker specializing in all kinds of English music. Just like most other private trackers, CE has been invite only from the start. Although there have been several invite giveaways on IRC, this has been one of those ‘shy’ trackers which didn’t prefer much publicity. Good news is that registrations have now been opened probably for the first time ever on CE and you can now create a new account without the need for an invite code and without having to go through an interview. Open signups come on the backdrop of CE v3 launch – v3 is a major site overhaul including migration to Gazelle RC2 codebase and addition of many new site features.
As some of you may remember, CE initially launched as a Gazelle based tracker. However, ongoing problems with the codebase prompted them to move to a TBDEV based implementation. This has again been changed in CE v3 – the site is back on Gazelle RC 2 and this time around the move seems to have gone smoothly. But CE v3 isn’t all about a source change – it involves a ton of new features and enhancements, some of which you can find listed below:
- Last.FM info on your profile - includes your recently played tracks / Last.FM overview / Top 50 played artists.
- IRC Bot providing more integrated functions
- Announce Bot for IRC announcing both torrents and forum posts.
- Bonus Points - You get 1 point per hour per torrent.
- Un-Read forum post checker
- the video tag for posting youtube video's in your profile information / forums / torrent descriptions
- Shout Box with IRC integration
- The Studio is now Up Beat!
- Number of forums is now reduced to make it a little less spread out.
- Last.FM integration on artist pages
- Auto Tagging System
- Ability to search and download directly from IRC
- IRC idle bonus
- Advanced HnR system
- Light Theme
- CSS Template for user created theme's and a unoffical repo of style sheets.
Even with the move, CE remains to be a ratio free torrent site. Ratio system on this tracker is more or less replaced by the ‘Fame’ bonus system. There are multiple ways you can earn fame (seeding, idle bonus etc). Once you earn enough fame, you can exchange them for various goodies or gift points to other members. Note that being ratio free does not mean you can hit and run - keep everything you download seeded for at least 3 days (72 hours) within the first 5 days and you should be fine.
As you can see from the screenshot above, CE is an English music tracker. You can find music related to various genres and of varying quality (MP3, FLAC, etc). At the time this post was being written, it indexed over 1500 active torrents and had a user base of ~2800 members. These are just starting days for CE v3 and statistics would no doubt increase in the coming days.
Registrations for CE are currently open. According to staff, open signups would continue until they recruit 5000 members. That leaves around 2200 free slots remaining so get in while you can.
Site Name: CoExist (http://coexist.biz)
Signup URL: http://coexist.biz/register.php
Special thanks to CE staff for the heads up.