Music torrent tracker scene is currently dominated by several monolithic torrent sites such as What.CD and Waffles.FM. These sites cover pretty much all music requirements of the average BitTorrent user and thus tend to overshadow other small scale music trackers. Despite this, there are quite a few lesser known specialized music trackers out there which index unique content and not just re-hashes of same old files found on every other music BitTorrent site. Lossless World is one such tracker which has it’s own rippers, uploaders and therefore a torrent index filled with exclusive releases. As you may have guessed from the name, the site tracks high quality lossless English music relating to multiple genres. Open signups are closed but invite applications and IRC interviews are open for those who are interested in getting in – that said, note that this is not the easiest private tracker to get into.
Launched a couple of months ago, Lossless World has so far taken a ‘quality over quantity’ approach towards building user base as well as adding new content. The site currently tracks around 2500 torrents and has an active user base of ~500 members. If I’m not mistaken, LW is yet to have an open signup – it’s unlikely this is ever going to happen judging by the current site policies regarding user recruitment.
For a smaller niche tracker such as LW, the strength lies in tracking unique and exclusive content and not in having a massive user base. Thankfully, this is where LW excels. There are a number of music rips on this tracker that you won’t find anywhere else. They seem to have some good internal sources and a great team of dedicated uploaders. As mentioned earlier, LW is a Lossless Music tracker. Allowed music formats are limited to FLAC,APE,TAK,WAVPACK & ALAC. Some of the music categories indexed can be seen in the screenshot below:
Quoted below are some of Lossless World upload rules – this should give you a pretty clear idea on what sort of content you can find on this tracker:
- No radio, television, web rips, or podcasts. The only exception to this is when the recording only exists in that version.
- We allow only FLAC,APE,TAK,WAVPACK & ALAC uploads for music
- CD-sourced material must not have any skips, pops, or clicks.
- All uploads must contain an info.txt file with information about album: tracklist, review(s), catalog number, and recording company. The minimum requirement is CD name, tracklist, label, and catalog number. No BBcode or HTML code
- All uploads must contain album cover art. It should be in the root of your upload and should be named as 'thumb', 'thumbnail', 'cover', 'folder', or 'front'. File extensions: 'jpg', 'png' and 'gif' are acceptable. Only Exception is if the upload is a unofficial recording (capped show, bootleg) and there has never been a physical disc release. Including images of the CD and or tray is also encouraged in the root folder. All other high-resolution pictures (booklet scans, front and back, inside and etc) should be included in a folder named 'Artwork', 'Covers' or 'Art'. If, and only then, your Upload contains high res (min 300 DPI and min front and back) artwork, tick the "artworkbox.
Currently, there are two ways to get into Lossless World – by submitting the online invite application on by taking the IRC interview. By looking at some of the questions in invite app it’s apparent that LW are looking for active members who have something to upload back to the site. If you are interested, check out the links below.
Site Name: Lossless World (https://losslessworld.info)
Online Invite Application URL: https://losslessworld.info/singapp.php
IRC Interview Channel: irc://irc.p2p-irc.net:6667/LW.interviews
Special thanks to LW Staff for the heads up.