We are a bit late in posting this but here’s our troubleshooting article for Tron Evolution. Tron Evolution is an action/adventure game based on the movie Tron Legacy. The game was released on both PC and console platforms on the 7th of December in North America. I’ve had the opportunity to play this for a couple of hours and it seemed to be a decent action game at best. It’s definitely not Game of The Year material but fans of the Tron franchise may find the experience enjoyable. Anyway this is not a game review but our routine troubleshooting article for Tron Evolution. Unlike some of our recent troubleshooting posts, this does not include a lot of fixes but addresses only two common problems with the game; how to change screen resolution and how to properly save progress with a Windows Live offline account.
How to change resolution in Tron Evolution
In case you are having trouble setting the proper resolution for your monitor, you can manually edit the configuration file and do this. A step by step tutorial can be found below:
- Browse to folder Documents\Disney Interactive Studios\Tron Evolution\UnrealEngine3\GridGame\Config\
- Open the file GridEngine.ini with a text editor such as Notepad. Make sure you backup this file before you do any modifications in case something goes wrong.
- Locate the strings ResX and ResY in the config file.
- You can put your screen resolution values next to these strings so that the game will launch the the specified resolution.
Example - For 1440 x 900 resolution put ResX=1440 and ResY=900
- Save and close the file. Now launch the game.
Note that setting a resolution unsupported by your monitor will cause black screens and crashes during launch.
How do I save progress in Tron Evolution?
This is one of the most frequently asked questions in our troubleshooting articles. Tron Evolution is a Games For Windows Live (GFWL) based title and you need access to a GFWL account in order to save game progress. But don’t worry, in case you don’t have an online profile, you can still save the game using an offline account. Step by step instructions on how to do this is given below:
- Launch the game. Open the Windows Live menu (or it will open automatically, prompting you to log in or create a new account).
- If you are not logged into any GFWL profile continue to step 3. If you are already logged onto a profile (local or online), try launching the single player component and try to save progress. If saving and loading works fine, you obviously have no problem. If it does not work, you’ll need to sign out of the current profile before continuing to step 3 (Create profile button will only become visible when you aren’t logged in).
- Click on ‘Create new profile’ button.
- In the dialog box that pops up DO NOT hit continue. Hitting continue will take you to a registration page for an ONLINE profile – this is not the requirement.
- Once in the ‘Create Gamer Profile’ window, scroll down so that you can see the bottom paragraph.
- Look for the hyperlinked ‘created a local profile’ link in last paragraph. Clicking this will allow you to create a new offline profile.
Note that an offline GFWL account will not let you play online. But you should be able to play single player mode without any issues whatsoever. A YouTube video showing how to make an offline xlive account can also be found here.
This article will be updated if any new fixes are discovered. Feel free to share your experience/tips in comments section.
If you liked this article: