LimeWire is a software package which enables individuals to search for and share computer files with anyone on the Internet.
LimeWire is compatible with the Gnutella file-sharing protocol and can connect with anyone else running Gnutella-compatible software.
At startup, the LimeWire program will connect, via the Internet, to the LimeWire Gateway, a specialized intelligent Gnutella router, at startup to maximize the user's viewable network space.LimeWire is a tool that allows you to share files over the Internet. Further, the most recent version of Lime Wire enables Group functionality, so that users can connect to other people interested in sharing the same kinds of files that they are.
- No bundled software of any kind!
- No spyware. No adware. Guaranteed.
- Firewall to Firewall Transfers.
- Faster network connections.
- Universal Plug 'N Play.
- iTunes Integration.
- Creative Commons Integration.
- Search drill down results.
- Proxy support.
- Ease of use - just install, run, and search
- Ability to search by artist, title, genre, or other metainformation
- Elegant multiple search tabbed interface
- "Swarm" downloads from multiple hosts help you get files faster
- iTunes integration for Mac users
- Unique "ultrapeer" technology reduces bandwidth requirements for most users
- Integrated chat
- Browse host feature--even works through firewalls
- Added Bitzi metadata lookup
- International versions: Now available in many new languages.
- Connects to the network using GWebCache, a distributed connection system
- Automatic local network searches for lightning-fast downloads.
- Support for MAGNET links that allow you to click on web page links that access Gnutella.
Read comments for more information.