Here is the latest AVG; version 8 series. AVG Anti Virus 8 Pro provides combined protection against viruses, malware, spyware and hackers. Yes it does come with a firewall too and is compatible with Windows Vista.
- Easy to use protection - install and forget
- New program versions and updates, for free, throughout the license duration (For version features in this post its one year)
- Quality proven by all major antivirus certifications (VB100%, ICSA, West Coast Labs Checkmark)
- Improved virus detection based on better heuristics and NTFS data streams scanning
- Smaller installation and update files
- Improved user interface
- 100% virus detection - AVG?s scanning engine has received numerous awards for its excellent detection of in the wild viruses, including the VB100% award. Its unique combination of detection methods provides full protection against viruses, worms and Trojans.
- Full on-access protection - The powerful AVG Resident Shield provides maximum protection by scanning every file opened, executed, or saved. It also prevents the opening or executing of infected files.
- Flexible intelligent scanning - The AVG Resident Shield can include/exclude files from being scanned based on individual file extensions and can handle exceptions for potentially unwanted programs such as adware.
- Full e-mail protection - AVG checks every e-mail sent or received, providing full protection from e-mail-borne threats. AVG supports all leading e-mail clients, including MS Outlook, The bat!, Eudora, and all other SMTP/POP3-based e-mail clients, such as Outlook Express. Encrypted connections using SSL are also supported.
- Automatic threat handling - AVG can automatically heal or remove infected files and other threats such as trojans and worms.
- Powerful scheduling - AVG automatically provides recommended daily schedules for scanning and updating, and also allows you to create custom-scheduled events.
- Multiple language support - No need to buy a special language version.
Read comments for more information.